Politics

Sham Partisan January 6 Committee Withdraws Trump Subpoena

Nancy Pelosi’s sham partisan January 6 committee, set up with the intention of destroying Donald Trump and anyone who supports him, officially withdrew its subpoena demanding the former president testify before the one-sided drumhead masquerading as a “Congressional committee,” Breitbart reported.

As you may know, the Select Committee has concluded its hearings, released its final report and will very soon reach its end. In light of the imminent end of our investigation, the Select Committee can no longer pursue the specific information covered by the subpoena,” Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS), Chairman of the committee, said in a letter to Trump attorney David Warrington.

“Therefore, through this letter, I hereby formally withdraw the subpoena issued to former President Trump, and notify you that he is no longer obligated to comply or produce records in response to said subpoena,” Thompson added. “We appreciate your engagement with the Select Committee on this matter.”

Trump responded on his social media site, Truth Social.

“Was just advised that the Unselect Committee of political Thugs has withdrawn the Subpoena of me concerning the January 6th Protest of the CROOKED 2020 Presidential Election. They probably did so because they knew I did nothing wrong, or they were about to lose in Court. Perhaps the FBI’s involvement in RIGGING the Election played into their decision. In any event, the Subpoena is DEAD,” he wrote.

The sham partisan committee first issued the subpoena in October, then proceeded to threaten the former president with prosecution if he failed to submit.  The subpoena has been called an abuse of power and a danger to the Constitution.

Although the sham committee dropped the subpoena, it has referred Trump for criminal prosecution, a move called unconstitutional.  A “special counsel” has been named to target Trump.

Democrats are desperate to keep Trump from running for the White House in 2024, and will do anything to make that happen, no matter the consequences.  One cannot help but wonder if they will try to have him assassinated if this effort fails, as Bernard Kerik suggested earlier this year.

Related:

Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW!  Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, SocialCrossSpeak Your Mind Here, and Gab.  You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.

While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views:Trending Views

Joe Newby

A 10-year veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, Joe ran for a city council position in Riverside, Calif., in 1991 and managed successful campaigns for the Idaho state legislature. Co-author of "Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad," Joe wrote for Examiner.com from 2010 until it closed in 2016 and his work has been published at Newsbusters, Spokane Faith and Values and other sites. He now runs the Conservative Firing Line.

Related Articles

Our Privacy Policy has been updated to support the latest regulations.Click to learn more.×