While appearing on Sunday’s edition of This Week, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., confused Donald Trump for George W. Bush for the second time. She tried to cover for her mistake but was unsuccessful.
According to the Washington Examiner:
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said during an interview on Sunday that she never thought she would “pray for the day” that President George W. Bush was back in office.
Nancy Pelosi initially misspoke while on ABC’s “This Week,” saying that the priorities of the American people are not understood by President Bush, when she meant to say President Trump.
“Excuse me,” the congresswoman said correcting herself. “I’m so sorry, President Bush. I never thought I’d pray for the day that you were president again.”
Here’s video of her gaffe:
It’s not the first time Pelosi referred to President Trump as Bush. The last time was during a conference back in February:
“We’ve seen nothing where we can where — where I can work with President Bush on…” Pelosi said.
“I’m disappointed because I thought there might be some interest because of what he said in the campaign.
“It turned out to be not true, a hoax and really dangerous to economic stability of America’s working families,” she added.
On ABC's this week Nancy Pelosi just referred to @realDonaldTrump as President Bush. She needs to go. This is not the first time.
— Matt Locke – Freedom Fighter (@RealMattLocke) April 30, 2017
For God's Sake ?♀️
Somebody should help this 77 yrs old senile woman @NancyPelosi has mistaken PrzTrump 4Bush againhttps://t.co/gK8PSf26FM
— Gigi (@LovelyGigi33) May 1, 2017
- Pelosi garbles words, mispronounces countries in speech to Refugees International — Video
- Pelosi admits allegations of Trump-Russia collusion are only speculation, demands investigation
- Pelosi caught in lie about meeting Russian ambassador; Trump calls for investigation
- Nancy Pelosi suggests Russians blackmailing Trump, hints at GOP conspiracy
- Juan Williams slams CNN for fake news report that Sean Hannity pulled a gun on him
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: