Secretary of Defense James Mattis will be retiring at the end of February after two years in the Trump cabinet. Citing that Trump “has the right to have a Secretary of Defense that is more aligned” with his views, he stated that it is “right” that he step down.
….equipment. General Mattis was a great help to me in getting allies and other countries to pay their share of military obligations. A new Secretary of Defense will be named shortly. I greatly thank Jim for his service!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 20, 2018
Letter from Defense Secreta… by on Scribd
General Kelly is leaving. Now General Mattis is leaving. The resignation comes on the heels of the announcement that our troops would be removed from Syria, an action with which James Mattis did not agree.
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
Some of the other important quotes from the letter are:
- “While the U.S. remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies.”
- “Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours.”
- “My view on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion on these issues.”
We could have seen that coming when the announcement for troop pullout from Syria came on Wednesday. Reading Mr. Mattis’ letter explains some of the upheaval between the two for some time, although James Mattis is always one to follow orders. Until those orders make no sense to him, that is. When the President stopped listening to him, he resigned.
His departure is a great disappointment to those who value and trust his judgment. He was once described as the “only adult in the room.”
Cabinet members have left lately, which of itself is relatively normal for the first half of a President’s term. Losing the Marines from the mix, however is not cool. Semper Fi, General Mattis, we will miss you!
- Two Year Budget Deal Reached in Congress – Mattis Optimistic
- Trump Plans to Keep SecDef James Mattis
- Taliban Attempts To Kill Mattis During Surprise Visit to Afghanistan
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis to North Korea: Back down or face ‘end’…
- James ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis gives savage one-line answer to what keeps…
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Please be sure to check out our MeWe page here and check us out at ProAmerica Only here.
And while you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!