Senate Majority Leader Chuck “U.” Schumer, D-N.Y., the man responsible for the recent #SchumerShutdown of the federal government, struck again, which, of course, doesn’t surprise us one bit.
According to our good friend Jeff Dunetz at The Lid, it seems the Schmuckster withdrew a wall funding offer he never actually made.
As Dunetz notes:
Perhaps he wants to make reaching a deal more difficult, or perhaps he needs to show some backbone now that his fellow Dems have beaten him up for agreeing to restart the govt. without first getting a DACA deal, because the press is reporting that Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) has withdrawn the offer to fund the border that he never made.
While the Democrats and MSM spinmeisters say Schumer agreed to rais the funding for the wall, but what he told the Senate was,
“In exchange for strong DACA protections, I reluctantly put the border wall on the table for discussion. Even that was not enough to entice the President to finish the deal.”
What Schumer REALLY offered, Dunetz said, citing at least three mainstream media outlets, “was the opportunity to discuss the funding.”
“I would be willing to discuss with the both the President and Sen. Schumer the possibility of funding the wall out of my own pocket. Not that I would be able to even if I wanted to pour billions into the federal treasury, but my offer is as legitimate as Schumer’s. Neither one of us ever said we would fund the wall, only that we would discuss the possibility of funding the wall,” Dunetz said.
How about discussing the possibility of funding a one-way ticket to the s***hole country of our choice…
- Chuck Schumer seen drinking with George Soros’ son
- Surprise, surprise: Schumer’s claim of agreement to border wall in exchange for DACA support is a lie
- ‘Meathead’ Rob Reiner invokes Civil War, blames Schumer shutdown on GOP, racism
- Trump campaign ad: Dems supporting Schumer shutdown complicit in every murder committed by illegals
- GOP Rep. Labrador: Democrats ‘delusional’ if they think Schumer’s shutdown will help them politically