After the Senate voted to reject additional witnesses and documents in the impeachment trial of President Trump, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer decided to do an end-run around senators by putting forward amendments to subpoena a number of current and former White House officials, including John Bolton.
According to Jim Hoft, that got shot down as well with a 51-49 vote.
Senator Schumer has called for an amendment vote tonight to subpoena Mulvaney, Bolton, Duffy, Blair, & White House, OMB, DoD, and State Dept documents. These are the witnesses & documents we need for this impeachment trial.
— Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren) February 1, 2020
According to NBC News, there were four amendments, three of them put forward by Schumer:
Schumer amendment to subpoena Mulvaney, Bolton, Duffy, Blair and White House, OMB, DOD and State Department documents
Schumer amendment to Subpoena John Bolton
Schumer amendment to subpoena Bolton; provided further that there be one day for a deposition presided over by Chief Justice, and one day for live testimony before the Senate, both of must occur within 5 days of adoption of the underlying resolution
Van Hollen amendment to require the Chief Justice to rule on motions to subpoena witnesses and documents, and to rule on any assertion of privilege
Apparently, Schumer can’t handle the fact that his side lost the original vote and decided to throw a temper tantrum.
- GOP Sens. Crapo, Risch: Founders Rejected Politicized Removal of President (Video)
- Collins, Romney join Dems in 51-49 vote against impeachment witnesses
- Shifty Schiff Tries in Vain to Stop Nadler from Historic Impeachment Trial Moment: ‘Jerry. Jerry. Jerry!’ (Video)
- If Looks Could Kill: Chief Justice Roberts Gives Elizabeth Warren Stink-Eye After Insulting Impeachment Question (Video)
- Video of the Day: MSNBC hack spreads conspiracy theory that Trump will ‘shut down voting’ in California if acquitted
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Children At Risk
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and the new social site, Hardcore Conservatives.