Ya gotta love White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. When asked by CBS White House correspondent Major Garrett to respond to Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s remarks bashing Donald Trump’s “treason” comment, she lit him up.
“I have seen the president’s most ardent defenders use the now-weary argument that the president’s comments were meant as a joke, just sarcasm, only tongue in cheek. But treason is not a punchline, Mr. President,” Flake said Tuesday on the floor of the Senate.
Jeff Flake: "I have seen the president’s most ardent defenders use the now-weary argument that the president’s comments were meant as a joke, just sarcasm, only tongue in cheek. But treason is not a punchline, Mr. President." (via ABC) pic.twitter.com/kFUY1tsZtN
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) February 6, 2018
Sanders had this to say:
“Look, honestly, I’m not going to respond directly to Senator Flake’s comments. I don’t really care what Senator Flake has to say. I don’t think his constituents do either and that’s why his numbers are on the take. The president was clearly joking with his comments. But what isn’t a joke is that Democrats refuse to celebrate the accomplishments of last year that has helped all Americans. What I don’t understand, what I don’t think the country understands is why Democrats are so upset about lower taxes and higher wages. That’s something that every American should be celebrating, not crying about, not sitting on their hands for. Democrats are going to have to make a decision at some point really soon, do they hate this president more than they love this country. And I hope the answer to that is no.”
- Video of the Day: Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Democrats don’t care about nat’l security, and Starbucks cr*p
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders slams crybabies at CNN for boycotting White House Christmas party: ‘Finally, good news’
- CNN’s Ryan suggests Huckabee Sanders would poison her with pie, liberal conspiracy theory gets destroyed
- Sarah Sanders shreds reporter: ‘You’re accusing the president of being complicit in a school shooting’
- Sarah Sanders, Winning Against Lies One Problem at a Time