There have been a number of questions raised about the release of 11-year-old comments made by GOP nominee Donald Trump. On Monday, Jerry Falwell, Jr., President of Liberty University, told Rita Cosby he has evidence that the audio was leaked by GOP elites, although he was unwilling to go any further. Making matters worse, it appears that a top adviser to Speaker Paul Ryan may have been the source of the audio.
“I think this whole tape… video tape thing was planned, I think it was timed, I think it might have even been a conspiracy among establishment Republicans who have known about it for weeks and who tried to time it to do the maximum damage to Donald Trump, and I just… I just think it just backfired on them,” Falwell said.
But it seems the situation is worse than we thought.
Hoft went on to say he spoke with a reporter on Monday night who believes the reports are true.
“It was GOP elites who released the audio to the Washington Post,” he added.
Ryan, by the way, was scheduled to campaign with Trump on Saturday, but canceled. On Monday, he said that he would not campaign with Trump nor would he defend him.
Here’s audio of Falwell’s comments to Cosby:
If the rumors turn out to be true, they should be devastating to Ryan and the GOP elites who have basically said they’re willing to turn America over to Hillary Clinton and George Soros.
- Bill O’Reilly: ‘At least three’ media orgs ordered employees to destroy Trump, ‘or else’
- WaPo blogger: Trump sexist for calling Hillary ‘she’
- Clinton campaign interfered with Republican primary
- Media, GOPe, Washington insiders: We want evil Hillary and George Soros to destroy America
- ‘Panicked mob’: GOP elites demand Trump step down, give country to Hillary and Soros
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: