Politics

Roy Moore gathering evidence for possible legal action against accusers — Video

During a Tuesday night interview with conservative radio talk show host Scott Beason on Alabama Cable Network, Judge Roy Moore said he and his advisers are gathering evidence for possible legal action against at least one of his female accusers, NBC News reported Wednesday.

“Do you plan to pursue any legal action with defamation against any of these people — Washington Post or anybody?” Beason asked.

“We are,” Moore said in response. “We’re talking about The Washington Post. We’re talking about the women involved.”

It’s no secret that Moore intended to go after the Post, as we reported here and here.  But this is the first report we’ve seen that he intends to go after his accusers.

As we observed here, however, the Moore campaign issued a statement which essentially destroyed the allegations made by accuser Beverly Young Nelson and her attorney, Gloria Allred, who still has not handed over a yearbook for analysis that Moore allegedly signed in 1977.

Moore, NBC said, didn’t address the specifics of any potential litigation, telling Beason, “That’s for investigators.” But he added: “There are things coming out in the future which I can’t talk about.”

“We’re getting proof,” he said. “We’ll continue to do that.”

NBC added:

Moore repeated that he had never engaged in inappropriate behavior with anybody. But, he said, “you can’t disprove a negative.”

Moore first came to national prominence for refusing to remove a monument of the Ten Commandments from the Alabama Judicial Building in defiance of a federal court order in 2003, when he was chief justice of the state Supreme Court.

He said Tuesday night that he had been targeted by Democrats and “establishment” Republicans because “I stood for God.”

President Donald Trump stopped short of explicitly endorsing Moore in the Dec. 12 election over Democrat Doug Jones. But Trump said of the Republican: “He totally denies it. He says it didn’t happen. And, you know, you have to listen to him, also.”

Here’s video of Beason’s full interview with Judge Moore:

Related:

If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.  And be sure to check out our new MeWe page here.

If you appreciate independent conservative reports like this, please go here and support us on Patreon.

And if you’re as concerned about online censorship as we are, go here and order this book (Remember, half of what we earn will be donated to Hurricane Harvey relief):

Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad
Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad – Source: Author (used with permission)

Joe Newby

A 10-year veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, Joe ran for a city council position in Riverside, Calif., in 1991 and managed successful campaigns for the Idaho state legislature. Co-author of "Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad," Joe wrote for Examiner.com from 2010 until it closed in 2016 and his work has been published at Newsbusters, Spokane Faith and Values and other sites. He now runs the Conservative Firing Line.

Related Articles

Our Privacy Policy has been updated to support the latest regulations.Click to learn more.×