While appearing on Fox Business, former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney told Neil Cavuto there’s a good reason to suspect a bombshell in Donald Trump’s taxes.
That, he explained, may be the reason Trump has not released his returns to the public. Of course, there’s no requirement for him to do so, but, Romney said, he needs to stop delaying and let the public see them.
Here’s video of the segment:
Romney raising questions about Trump's taxes – "the reason I think there's a bombshell in there…"
— Rick Klein (@rickklein) February 24, 2016
By trolling Trump on tax returns, Romney's finally getting tough on a Democrat! https://t.co/WEhyUMMV9o
— Guy Benson (@guypbenson) February 24, 2016
Why didn’t he do that in 2012?
Trump, naturally, fired back:
It’s interesting to note that a year ago, Trump said he would release his taxes:
Is this a valid line of attack, or is it something else? And will it become an issue in Thursday’s debate?
- Trump declared winner in Nevada immediately after caucuses close
- New York Daily News calls Donald Trump the ‘Anti-Christ’
- Can Republicans put the brakes on Donald Trump?
- Former Trump field manager accuses campaign of sex discrimination
- Ted Cruz sets record for most votes in Iowa GOP Caucuses for single candidate