A chilling article by Nick Nolte at Breitbart.com suggests that (1) the president was not the only one who lied about the impact of his health care law on existing policies, and (2) a far larger percentage of the population will be adversely impacted by this law. Writes Nolte:
It is déjà vu all over again in our mainstream media. Thanks to NBC’s Chuck Todd, we now know that for years the media kept silent, even though they knew Obama could not keep his promise that if you like your insurance plan you can keep your insurance. And now the remorseless media are allowing what everyone knows is just another version of that lie to stand: The notion that only a small percentage of Americans will lose their insurance.
Over and over and over again, over the past weeks, we have all seen left-wing talking heads and elected Democrats say to supposedly objective news anchors that only 2-5% of Americans will lose their insurance due to ObamaCare. But never once do these anchors challenge that talking point, even though the media know it is as dishonest as Obama’s original lie.
So what is the actual percentage? How does 31% — nearly a third — sound? Nolte links to an article at Forbes by Avik Roy that bears the ominous headline “Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare.” To back up his claims, Roy links to The Federal Register for June 17, 2010, which includes this sobering admission by the Departments of the Treasury, Labor, and Health and Human Services:
[T]he Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013. The low-end estimates are for 49 percent and 34 percent of small and large employer plans, respectively, to have relinquished grandfather status, and the high-end estimates are 80 percent and 64 percent, respectively.
The information is even conveniently condensed into a table (shown here). Roy adds:
All in all, more than half of employer-sponsored plans will lose their ‘grandfather status’ and become illegal. According to the Congressional Budget Office, 156 million Americans—more than half the population—was covered by employer-sponsored insurance in 2013.
The president still hasn’t come clean, which is bad enough. But neither, remarkably, have the mainstream media, raising the question, “What will it take for them to begin reporting the news about this president, warts and all?”
- Hey, Dems, the ACA could ruin some people’s lives. Do you have any compassion for them?
- Latest attempt to explain away Obama’s Big Lie: He didn’t lie at all
- Three 20-year-olds design functioning health care website in 3 days
- Obama’s impending humanitarian crisis
- Obamacare Navigators caught on film laundering taxpayer premium-subsidies
- Obamacare wipes out health insurance plans: Costs and deductibles rise for many
- Sarah Palin schools Matt Lauer: Obamacare ‘socialized medicine’
- Video: Obama pledged at least 36 times that you could keep your health plan
- Obama told his Big Lie partly because Americans can’t handle the truth
- Cynthia Tucker: Obama lied, but only after GOP saboteurs left him no choice
- 8 headlines showing Medicare launch was much smoother than Obamacare
- Smoking gun: 2010 video of Obama admitting 8 to 9 million Americans will lose coverage under ACA
- As many as 52 million Americans, 16%, could lose health insurance under Obamacare
- Obama complains of personally being ‘burned’ by ObamaCare
- WH proposes broadening eligibility for Obamacare subsidies, but at what cost?
- Will Obama compel insurance companies to re-offer old plans?