But it turns out that’s not quite true — at least if the goal is to secure the chemical weapons in that country, according to a report by my friend and colleague Joseph L. Parker.
Parker reported at Examiner:
The Pentagon has known since 2012, that in order to secure Syrian chemical weapons ground troops would be needed, should Assad be deposed.
In a worst-case scenario if Assad’s regime falls it will take tens of thousands of combat troops to secure Syria’s chemical and biological weapons.
Reuters reported there have been secret discussions taking place. The speculation in these meetings assume that all of Assad’s security forces might disintegrate. This would leave stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons in Syria ripe for pillaging.
So, they knew a year ago it would take 75,000 troops to do this, but now it won’t…
What’s changed since then? Or is it just another case of being lied to?
Trending: BREAKING: ARTURO D’ELIA CAUGHT: Head Of Italian Aerospace Company’s IT Department Used ‘Military Grade Cyber Warfare’ To Switch Votes ‘For Trump To Biden’ -ADMISSION VIA SWORN AFFIDAVIT! HOW DID HE DO IT? WHO WERE HIS HANDLERS? VIDEO EVIDENCE!
- Report: John McCain’s ‘moderate’ allies in Syria behead 40-day-old infant, mother
- 100-page Russian report: Syrian rebels conducted chemical attack in March
- Egyptian media portrays Barack Obama as Satan, U.S. media silent
- James Carville blames Bush for lack of support for war in Syria (Video)
- Obama blames world for ‘red line’ statement, points finger at Congress (Video)
- Going to war for all the wrong reasons
- Nancy Pelosi says she consulted with five-year-old grandson on Syria (Video)
- Troops on Facebook express disagreement with attack on Syria
- Egyptian paper: Barack Obama member of Muslim Brotherhood
- Did John Kerry use a picture from 2003 to push for war in Syria in 2013?
- Bill Maher: Tea Party would support Obama on Syria if they weren’t racist
- Report: Obama to attack Syria even if Congress votes no
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: GOP calling Obama ‘Obama’ attempt to ‘delegitimize’ him
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.
You can also hear Joe every Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. Pacific Time on Misguided Children radio.