On Monday, the UK Daily Mail reported that Father Thomas Uzhunnalil, a 56-year-old Indian Catholic priest kidnapped by ISIS-linked terrorists in Yemen, was crucified on Good Friday.
The Daily Mail added:
It was reported last week that several religious groups had received threats that Father Thomas would be crucified on Good Friday, but this was denied by his church in hometown of Bangalore.
However, the Archbishop of Vienna, Christoph Cardinal Schönborn, told a congregation gathered in St. Stephen’s Cathedral in the Austrian capital that the priest had been crucified.
It is not known how the Archbishop became aware of Father Thomas’ alleged fate, but his confirmation of the crucifixion during Easter Vigil Mass was reported in Austrian media.
The priest was captured earlier in the month when militants attacked old people’s home in southern Yemen, killing at least 15 people.
According to Vatican Secretary of State Pietro Parolin, Pope Francis “was shocked and profoundly saddened” to learn of “this act of senseless and diabolical violence.”
The same day of the reported crucifixion, reports emerged that the Pope washed and kissed the feet of Muslim migrants, saying we’re all “children of the same God.” Apparently, ISIS didn’t get the message…
- Obama finds time to lead delegation at opening of largest mosque in the US
- Muslim shopkeeper who wished Christians a happy Easter murdered by fellow Muslim
- Obama to defeat ISIS by admitting 100,000 Syrian refugees to US
- Obama: We can’t kill terrorists who murder innocents, suggests jobs program
- Obama snubs march against terror in Paris, 50 world leaders participate