The Boston Globe reported Tuesday that the FBI received “multiple warnings” about Tamerlin Tsarnaev, the deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect:
“Russian authorities alerted the US government not once but “multiple’’ times over their concerns about Tamerlan Tsarnaev — including a second time nearly a year after he was first interviewed by FBI agents in Boston — raising new questions about whether the FBI should have focused more attention on the suspected Boston Marathon bomber, according to US senators briefed on the probe Tuesday.
The FBI has previously said it interviewed Tsarnaev in early 2011 after it was initially contacted by the Russians. After that review, the FBI has said, it determined he did not pose a threat.”
Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) told reporters that the FBI was alerted to Tsarnaev in “multiple contacts’’ — including “at least once since October 2011,’’ the Globe added.
“US officials have faced tough questions for not tracking the older brother’s travels to the Russian provinces of Dagestan and Chechnya — where he spent more than half of last year and may have interacted with militant groups or individuals,” the Globe added.
Odd, to think that more than a decade after 9/11, we still cannot “connect the dots” when a tragedy like this happens.
Worse yet, authorities KNEW Tsarnaev was a person they needed to keep a close eye on, and they chose not to. Why? Did political correctness play a role?
“I want to make sure that DHS is talking to the FBI,” Sen. Charles Grassley, the ranking Republican on the Judiciary Committee, said. “It looks to me like there is a lack of communication.”
Gee, ya think?
- Petition claims Dzhokhar Tsarnaev did not commit Boston Marathon bombings
- Bloomberg: Interpretation of Constitution ‘will have to change’ after bombings
- Geraldo Rivera on Boston Marathon bombing: ‘This enemy is us’
- Geraldo Rivera expresses ‘regrets’ to ‘Muslim brothers and sisters’ over bombing
- NPR: Conservatives tied to Boston Marathon bombing because of Hitler’s birthday
- Is the ‘mainstream media’ fomenting violence against conservatives?
- MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell: NRA helping Boston Marathon bombers get away
- Suspect arrested in ricin letter scare identified as liberal activist
- Salon contributor: ‘Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American’
- Forest Service representative blames Tea Party for Boston Marathon bombing
- Michael Moore hints conservatives may be behind Boston Marathon bombings
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- New York Times’ Nick Kristof politicizes Boston Marathon bombing, backtracks
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering.