As a result, House Republicans say they intend to issue subpoenas if Kerry, who, by the way, served in Vietnam, does not change his mind.
Secy Kerry tells congress he will not honor the request to make Benghazi survivors available for questioning.
— Sharyl Attkisson????️♂️ (@SharylAttkisson) September 10, 2013
Response from Rep. Darrell Issa was swift:
— Darrell Issa (@DarrellIssa) September 10, 2013
“Somehow, despite the best efforts of Obama administration obfuscation, the memories of the four brave men brutally slaughtered in Benghazi will get the justice they deserve,” Twitchy said.
According to issa, the State Department has either ignored or denied earlier requests for access.
At least some in the GOP House leadership want answers.
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, the fourth-highest ranking GOP House leader, said Monday in an email to Examiner.com that oversight investigations into the terror attack on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi last year are ongoing.
“This week we memorialize the four brave Americans who tragically lost their lives at the American Embassy in Benghazi last year. As we pay homage to their legacy, we are emboldened in our search for answers,” she said. “Our oversight investigation in the House is still ongoing.”
Four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, were killed in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya last year, and the country is still demanding answers.
- GOP Rep. McMorris Rodgers: House to continue search for answers on Benghazi
- Benghazi ‘emerging evidence’: White House ‘knowingly misled’ Americans
- Selling war based on lies
- Conservative group: Rep. McMorris Rodgers key to defunding Obamacare
- White House slams Ted Cruz for saying U.S. would be Al Qaeda’s air force
- CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin: U.N., NATO ‘legitimate substitutes’ for Congress
- Idiot leftists going to Syria to act as human shields for Assad regime
- Former LA Times reporter: Opposition to Syria strike due to GOP racism
- McCain: Obama could face impeachment if troops sent into Syria
- Syrian official says chemical weapons charge a ‘conspiracy’ by western leaders
- Iran threatens to rape, kill one of Obama’s daughters if U.S. attacks Syria
- David Letterman rips Obama on ‘red line’ flip flop, says prez has ‘learned how to bulls—t’
- Barack Obama refers to ‘my military’ at G20 summit (Video)
- President Obama: Troops ‘fighting on my behalf’
- Renowned author: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens
- MSNBC’s Ed Schultz blames Bush, says racism behind opposition to war in Syria
- Report: John McCain’s ‘moderate’ allies in Syria behead 40-day-old infant, mother
- 100-page Russian report: Syrian rebels conducted chemical attack in March
- Egyptian media portrays Barack Obama as Satan, U.S. media silent
- James Carville blames Bush for lack of support for war in Syria (Video)
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.
You can also hear Joe every Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. Pacific Time on Misguided Children radio.