On Thursday, the Clarion Project reported that a massive amount of funding, in the billions, comes from foreign governments and government-tied entities that run influence operations in the U.S. to try to mold public opinion and policy.
The law requires universities to disclose information about foreign gifts and “any ownership interests in or control over the institution by a foreign entity.” Yet, many concerns exist about possible gaps in the accounting.
Over $10 billion has flowed from foreign entities to US universities since 2012, according to a Clarion Project review of Education Department records.
According to our tally, published June 13, 2019, Qatar alone has provided almost $1.5 billion to U.S. universities and colleges since 2012.
In some cases, the funding comes via government-tied entities with known links to subversion, spying, terrorism and extremist ideology.
For example, the terror-linked Qatar Foundation donated a jaw-dropping $33 million to Georgetown University in 2018. That’s just a single year from a “single” worrisome donor.
Contrary to common belief, the Department of Education records do not show all donations from foreign actors. Disclosure can be avoided with simple evasive measures.
In a previous Clarion Project expose, we presented how the Iranian regime used a well-known front to send donations to about 30 universities in the U.S. and Canada. These donations, for example, do not show up in the Education Department records of foreign funding.
We also published an expose of how the Muslim Brotherhood has successfully used a front called the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) to fund, engage and train academics. The expose included a long list of professors tied to IIIT.
- IIIT is a known entity of the Muslim Brotherhood, a foreign organization sponsored by foreign governments. IIIT has been investigated and nearly prosecuted for its links to foreign terrorist groups including Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. IIIT is known to have received significant foreign funding.
- But, because IIIT is based in the U.S. and is (supposedly) a completely independent entity, its donations are not included in the Education Department records of foreign donations to universities and colleges.
Therefore, we must conclude that the stunning amount of foreign financing coming to U.S. universities and colleges is “just the tip of the iceberg”.
Since 2012, that amount disclosed to the Education Department is $10,629,930,796.
Click here to find out which countries have given to which universities and the dollar amount given.
- Agenda: Grinding America Down — Video
- Not Satire: San Francisco ‘Leaders’ Labeled The NRA As ‘Domestic Terrorists’
- Democrat Socialist AOC Raises Funds to Bail Out Antifa Terrorists
- Marine Veteran Red Flagged For Remarks Against Antifa
- Tlaib Decides Not to Visit Israel- Trip Backed By Group Tied to Terrorism
Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and the new social site, Hardcore Conservatives.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!
And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: