It seems the First Amendment isn’t the only clause in the Bill of Rights the FBI violates. An extremely disturbing report at the Daily Caller and other sites says the FBI has been secretly pressuring Americans to sign away their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. The revelation came about as the result of a FOIA request by the pro-gun group Gun Owners of America (GOA).
According to the Daily Caller report:
- The FBI secretly provided forms to Americans between 2016 and 2019 to “voluntarily” relinquish their rights to own, buy or even use firearms, according to internal documents and communications.
- The signed forms, which were unearthed by the firearms rights group Gun Owners of America (GOA), raise serious legal questions, lawyers say.
- “We’re into a pre-crime, Minority Report type of world where the FBI believes it can take constitutional rights away from anyone it thinks possibly might pose a threat in the future,” said Robert Olson, outside counsel for GOA.
The report adds:
The forms were presented by the FBI to people at their homes and in other undisclosed locations, according to bureau documents unearthed through the Freedom of Information Act by the firearm rights group Gun Owners of America (GOA) and shared with the DCNF. At least 15 people between 2016 and 2019 signed the secret forms, which ask signatories to declare themselves as either a “danger” to themselves or others or lacking “mental capacity adequately to contract or manage” their lives.
GOA VP Erich Pratt told Breitbart:
Is America headed for a recession?
This self-reporting form became a tool for the FBI to pressure law-abiding Americans, who have committed no crimes, to voluntarily forfeit their Second Amendment rights. The agency would put the squeeze on people to surrender their rights, based simply on hearsay evidence. And then, just like Red Flag laws, a gun owner could lose their gun rights without ever appearing before a judge or jury.
Congress must investigate to ensure that this system and any forms tied to it have been destroyed, and most importantly, the officials responsible must be held to account for their actions which have betrayed the trust of the American people.
“This is just the latest example of the FBI going rogue and abusing their authority to the detriment of Americans’ Constitutionally guaranteed rights. Given the Bureau’s unwillingness to answer questions or cooperate with GOA’s investigation, coupled with a total lack of Congressional oversight, this system is likely to have been misused — and the FBI knows it,” Pratt added.
According to the Daily Caller, agents in Massachusetts, Michigan and Maine presented the forms to law-abiding Americans. The names of those who caved to pressure were redacted by the agency:
The Daily Caller also noted:
While the existence of the FBI form itself was first revealed in 2019 by the firearms blog Ammoland, the outlet did not provide evidence of it being used at the time. GOA obtained the signed forms as part of its lawsuit initiated in January 2020 against the bureau to compel disclosure of records related to the forms.
One of the many questions raised by the forms is whether or not Americans can voluntarily sign away rights enumerated in the Constitution.
“You can’t waive constitutional rights,” said Ken Cuccinelli, the former attorney general of Virginia. “They’re natural rights.”
Not that the FBI cares…
- Did FBI, NYT Cooperate To Violate A Journalist’s First Amendment Rights?
- VA Whistleblower: Memes Caused FBI Visit, Psych Ward, Lost 2A Rights, Set to be Fired?
- Court Fight Over Contents Of Safe Deposit Boxes Reveals FBI Made Up Search Procedures
- Report: FBI Targeting Project Veritas Over Ashley Biden’s Diary
- FBI Admits It ‘Routinely’ Violates First Amendment
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.