Thursday’s big political news was former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s announcement he was registering for the Democratic presidential primary in Alabama, as a move toward a possible 2020 run. Policy-wise, Bloomberg is more of a moderate than most of the Democratic presidential field. But a Bloomberg return to political power would be frightening. He is not a nanny-stater like most Democrats, as NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg was a tyrant who tried to control almost every aspect of people’s lives.
Most know that Bloomberg is a radically anti-Second Amendment who has spent millions destroying gun rights. In fact, the New York Times once wrote that Bloomberg’s gun control agenda went too far. For example, In Washington State, Michael Bloomberg and some of his favorite anti-gun billionaires spent $4,661,572 for advertising that pushed through the anti-Second Amendment I-1639, despite overwhelming law enforcement opposition His Everytown for Gun Safety group spent $2.5 million to help promote the Democrats into the majority in Virginia. Based on that new liberal majority left-wing Va. Gov. Northam told his cabinet that removing gun rights, including confiscating some people’s firearms, would be one of his first priorities.
But gun rights is the least of it. As a mayor, Bloomberg ran NYC like a police state. He banned just about everything except flatulence, oreo cookie ice cream, and going to the bathroom more than once a day.
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
Among the things he banned in NYC were:
- Less than a 2-1 ratio of female and male restrooms in new public buildings (2005)
- Cell phones in schools (2006)
- Two-term limits for city elected officials(except for him) (2008)
- Baby Formula in City Hospitals (2012)
- Smoking in commercial establishments like bars and restaurants(2003)
- Trans-fats in restaurants (2006)
- Sodium levels in processed foods (2010) **
- Loud headphones (2013) **
- Smoking in public spaces (2011)
- Cigarette sales to those under 21 (2013)
- Sales of “flavored” tobacco products (2009)
- Smoking e-cigarettes in public areas (2013) **
- Cigarette in-store displays (2013)
- Cars in Times Square (2009)
- Cars from driving in newly created bike lanes (2007-2013)
- Cars causing congestion below 60th Street in Manhattan (2007) *
- Speeding on residential “slow zones” (2013)
- Illegal guns (2006-2013) **
- Styrofoam packaging in single-service food items (2013)
- Sodas larger than 16 ounces (2012) *
- Collection of yard waste and grass clippings during certain times of year (2003-2013)
- Organic food waste from landfills (2013) **
- Commercial music over 45 decibels (2013)
- Chain restaurant menus without calorie counts (2008)
- The posting of signs in “city-owned grassy areas” (2013)
- Non-fuel-efficient cabs (2007)
- New cabs that aren’t Nissan NV200s (2013) *
- Greenhouse gas emissions (2007)
- Government buildings that aren’t LEED-certified (2005)
- Non-hurricane-proof buildings in coastal areas (2013)
- Black roofs (2009) **
- Construction cranes over 25 years old (2013)
- No. 6 and No. 4 “heavy” heating oils (2011)
* Overruled/appealed ban
** Suggested/voluntary ban
Based on some of those rules, a kid’s party place in the city couldn’t serve the traditional pizza and large doses of sugared Coka Cola.
Amazingly, Bloomberg is a guy who believes in abortion because the government has no right to make decisions about a woman’s body. Still, he made many decisions about what people of either gender can put in their bodies.
If Bloomberg could enact the above regulations as a mayor, just imagine (God-forbid) what he could do as President.
Cross-posted with The Lid
- Bloomberg’s PAC pumps big bucks into WA congressional races
- Bloomberg claims voters miss Obama, cite ‘largely corruption-free administration’
- Mayor Bloomberg Lies About Gun Deaths
- Actor Jeremy Irons: Michael Bloomberg’s nanny state ‘dangerous,’ ‘terrible’
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and the new social site, Hardcore Conservatives.