Nearly one-third of Americans say they would support a military coup against the US government, according to a recent survey conducted by YouGov, a UK-based polling organization.
The results of the poll, conducted September 2-3, were released this week, and many Americans may find the number of people who would support such a drastic action surprising. Apparently many others would not.
Participants were asked if there was a situation in which they would support a military coup against the US government, 29 percent answered “yes,” while 41 percent said “no.” Another 30 percent weren’t sure. The findings of the poll mirror the results of a survey conducted April 22-28, 2013 by Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- SHOCK POLL!!: 29% Would Support Military Coup to Oust Obama and Congress
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
- Retired officer warns: Obama victory may spark civil war