It looks like Ben Carson may be onto something. Back in June, the Center for Security Policy released a shocking poll that shows a majority of U.S. Muslims want Sharia law in the United States. Moreover, nearly a quarter support violence against those who “give offense to Islam by, for example, portraying the prophet Mohammed.” Translation: Americans who do not follow the Islamic faith.
Keep in mind these are American Muslims, not Muslims currently living in an Islamic country.
The Center for Security Policy added:
According to the just-released survey of Muslims, a majority (51%) agreed that “Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to shariah.” When that question was put to the broader U.S. population, the overwhelming majority held that shariah should not displace the U.S. Constitution (86% to 2%). …
Even more troubling, is the fact that nearly a quarter of the Muslims polled believed that, “It is legitimate to use violence to punish those who give offense to Islam by, for example, portraying the prophet Mohammed.”
Keep in mind that under Sharia law, women aren’t allowed to drive, gays can be killed for being gay, and those who draw Mohammed can be beheaded.
But, hey, Ben Carson is a racist for opposing this…
H/T Gateway Pundit
- Ben Carson called racist after saying a Muslim shouldn’t be president
- Video: Ted Cruz says Obama using ‘exact same argument’ ISIS uses against Christians
- Fiorina sings the praises of Islam, Ottoman Empire ‘greatest civilization’
- ISIS terrorists cut five-year-old boy in half
- Report: ISIS militants ‘systematically beheading’ Christian children in Mosul