On Tuesday, we learned that soldiers at Camp Shelby, Miss., were told they can’t say “Christmas” during a meeting about a Christmas football tournament. But the “equal opportunity officer” — a person who apparently thinks everyone BUT Christians deserve equal treatment, objected to the use of the word “Christmas.”
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today? (1)
“Our equal opportunity representative stopped the briefing and told us that we can’t say Christmas,” one soldier told (Fox News’ Todd) Starnes. “Almost the entire room blew up. Everybody was frustrated. The equal opportunity rep told our commander that not everyone celebrates Christmas and we couldn’t say Christmas celebration. It had to be holiday celebration.”
During a brief, heated discussion about political correctness, the officer reportedly said those were the Army’s rules, not hers.
“She said an individual can say Christmas, but as an organization in the Army you can’t say Christmas,” the soldier said.
But it turns out the Army has no such rules.
“There is no policy at the 158th Infantry Brigade, First Army Division East or First Army that forbids using the word ‘Christmas’,” said Public Affairs Chief Amanda Glenn.
In other words, this was the act of one hyper-sensitive leftist trying to censor what other people say.
As my colleague Diane Sori wrote earlier today, a politically correct Christmas is no Christmas at all.
Welcome to Obama’s America.
More here. And MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!
- Retired General: Military purges a real concern, Jarrett pulling the strings
- Author: Military ‘purge’ meant to weed out officers who won’t fire on Americans
- Retired General calls for forced resignation of Obama, administration officials
- Obama refers to ‘my military’ at Medal of Honor ceremony (Video)
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
- Renowned author: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens
- Obama angers many with reference to ‘my military’ (Video)
- Barack Obama refers to ‘my military’ at G20 summit (Video)
- President Obama: Troops ‘fighting on my behalf’
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat’l defense