Former CNN talking head Piers Morgan took to Twitter to declare that the Muslim terrorists in the Paris attacks weren’t real Muslims. His tweet sparked a great deal of anger.
The message, as you can see below, was re-tweeted over 33,000 times and “liked” by over 21,000 Twitter users:
These murderers aren't refugees.
Nor are they real Muslims.
They're terrorists who've hijacked a religion for nefarious gain. #paris
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) November 13, 2015
One blogger devastated his mindlessness in one tweet:
.@piersmorgan ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has a PhD in Islamic theology from Islamic U of Baghdad. What are your credentials?
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) November 14, 2015
One person responded:
— Andrew Bostom (@andrewbostom) November 14, 2015
Another person asked:
.@piersmorgan How do you make the determination whether they are "real" or "fake" Muslims Mr. Morgan?
— Gad Saad (@GadSaad) November 14, 2015
Meanwhile, we learned that one of the terrorists was registered as a refugee:
— Yannis Koutsomitis (@YanniKouts) November 14, 2015
And we’ve also learned that ISIS has taken responsibility for the attacks and is promising more.
But don’t hold your breath waiting for Morgan to retract his statement.
One person asked Morgan the question of the day:
@piersmorgan Why do you excuse Islamic violence? Saying Muslim murderers aren't Muslim won't stop Muslim murderers from murdering.
— ????????My Name Is Nobody???????? (@Pqlyur1) November 14, 2015
- Obama on Paris attack: ‘I don’t want to speculate’ on who is responsible — Video
- Paris under state of emergency after terrorist attacks, ISIS supporters celebrate
- Video: Migrants in EU demand welfare; Migrant in Germany threatens rape
- ‘Muslim Mafia’ author: Muslims working with Facebook to silence critics of Islam
- Muslims in Dearborn rally against free speech, call for anti-blasphemy laws