And speaking of billboards… We’ve seen it from the Obama White House and the liberal media. Now we are seeing it from the left-leaning group PETA. It’s the insidious practice of attempting to indoctrinate children.
PETA’s stunt takes the form of a new advertising campaign aimed at young impressionable minds. One billboard (shown here) has been erected in Lincoln, Nebr. It shows what the organization calls a “puplet,” a cross between a puppy and a piglet. The accompanying text reads, “KIDS: If you wouldn’t eat your dog, why eat a pig?”
A second, highlighted in the CTV video found here reads, “Kids: If you wouldn’t eat your cat, why eat a turkey?” Both end with the pithy advice in small caps, GO VEGAN. The message appeared along highways in Canada in September. (A third variant, featuring a pooch’s head on a turkey, ran in Nevada and California.)
Station KOLN in Lincoln reports that the Nebraska billboard is located a minute away from an elementary school, prompting parent Anthony Canada to ask:
Why is it directed to kids? I don’t know what kind of message it’s trying to send to kids in particular, or why it’s directed to kids to be vegans.
A spokeswoman for PETA, Special Projects Manager Alicia Woempner, attempts to answer:
Children naturally have compassion for animals, but they face constant bombardment from fast food and other social influences promoting unhealthy and cruelly produced meats. So, we hope that our billboards will give them a message of kindness and offset some of that negative influence.
But the messages are also crafted to instill guilt in children, which amounts to brainwashing. Danielle Katz, identified in the video as a campaign manager for PETA, admits as much:
Hopefully the parents will explain to them that just like cats and dogs, turkeys feel pain, they feel fear.
And if children have to experience the same feelings in order to receive PETA’s self-righteous message, the ends justify the means.
- MSNBC’s Krystal Ball exploits own 5-year-old daughter on TV to promote gay marriage
- Obama exploiting innocent kids to promote gun control: The movie
- College invites PETA activist who called for ‘vicious’ rape of women who eat meat
- PETA lobbies UK prisons to feed inmates vegan meals
- Which food does PETA think harms baby genitals?
- PETA: Cockroaches are people, too
- NJ Gov. Chris Christie under attack by PETA for killing spider
- PETA: Prison should serve flesh-free meals to cannibal inmate
- More strange and invasive questions asked in the name of Common Core
- Epic fail: Mandela tribute billboard has picture of Morgan Freeman instead of Mandela
- New NYC billboard says ‘nobody’ needs ‘Christ during Christmas’
- Billboard adorned with photo of porn star seeks college girls with ‘strong oral skills’
- Tea kettle billboard that reminded people of Hitler removed
- Native Americans offended by billboards, Catholics by naked female pope