Nancy Pelosi suggested a government-guaranteed income as a solution to some economic woes brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.
STEPHANIE RUHLE, MSNBC: But we know that the needs are massive in terms of economically. From a health perspective, we’re preparing people to live without a vaccine for a year, but from an economic perspective, look at PPP. Even with all this money, we’re only creating solutions for two months. Two months from now, when the majority of these businesses don’t open back up, then what?
SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE NANCY PELOSI: Well, I think we should extend the time. I think what you suggest makes all the sense in the world. And then again as we go forward, let’s see what works. What is operational and what needs other attention. Others have suggested a minimum income for — guaranteed income for people. Is that worthy of attention now? Perhaps so because there are many more people than just in small business and hired by small businesses as important as that is to the vitality of our economy. And other people who are not in the public sector meeting our needs in so many ways that may need some assistance as well.
Cross-posted with BB4SP
- Pelosi: Gospel Compels Us To Release Federal Prisoners Over Coronavirus (Video)
- Video of the Day: MSNBC, Pelosi Spread Conspiracy Theory Of Trump Delaying Election
- Pelosi doesn’t understand widespread protests over nat’l shutdown
- Chris Wallace Confronts Nancy Pelosi on Feb 24 Chinatown Stroll (Video)
- Pelosi Wants New Coronavirus Relief Package to Include Stipulations For Federally Forced Vote By Mail For 2020 Election
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and the new social site, Hardcore Conservatives.