As we reported earlier, President Trump gave a speech in which he offered a solution to the shutdown and the border wall. But, CBS and others reported, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., rejected the offer before it was even presented to the American people, and called it a “non-starter.”
The compromise included:
- Millions of dollars for humanitarian relief at the southern Border.
- Money for reunification of families separated.
- The Hiring of over 2000 additional border patrol and law enforcement agents.
- A 3-year extension for DACA program participants
- A 3-year extension of TPS (Temporary protected status) for migrants in the U.S. that are about to lose this status.
- The already asked for 5.7 billion dollars to selectively build a steel barrier (over 200 miles) in the areas deemed the most high risk for illegal crossings.
Here’s what Pelosi tweeted before Trump spoke:
Democrats were hopeful that @realDonaldTrump was finally willing to re-open government & proceed with a much-needed discussion to protect the border. Unfortunately, reports make clear that his proposal is a compilation of previously rejected initiatives. https://t.co/MFwebWSevG pic.twitter.com/yMTm4iP27h
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) January 19, 2019
Democrats, she claimed, “support smart, effective border security solutions,” which include:
- Increased infrastructure investments at our ports of entry including additional ports and roads;
- Advanced technology to scan for drugs, weapons and contraband where the vast majority of drugs come in to our country and advanced technology to detect unauthorized crossings;
- More customs personnel including filling the more than 3,000 customs and border patrol vacancies; and
- More immigration judges.
Pelosi also said Democrats will pass a series of bills that MUST be signed before they will agree to do anything on the border.
Her statement did not include her previous statement supporting the use of “electronic dogs” to secure the border.
- President Trump’s New Plan to Secure the Border and Provide Humanitarian Assistance
- Video of the Day: Tucker Carlson shreds Nancy Pelosi’s bigoted speech praising illegals
- Trump walks out of meeting with Chuck, Nancy after Pelosi refused to bring up border security measure
- Video of the Day: Watch Border Wall GoFundMe founder try to collect $1 from Pelosi for wall
- Video of the Day: Watch Nancy Pelosi suggest mowing the grass as a solution for border security
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Please be sure to check out our MeWe page here and check us out at ProAmerica Only here.