On Friday, Politico reported that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., was caught in a lie after she claimed to have never met the current Russian ambassador when asked by reporters Jake Sherman and Anna Palmer.
“Not with this Russian ambassador, no,” she said.
But it turns out that she not only met the ambassador, there’s photographic proof.
According to Politico:
But a file photo from Pelosi’s 2010 meeting with Russian President Dmitriy Medvedev shows Kislyak at the table across from Pelosi — then House speaker — and Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.). Medvedev had been in the country for a meeting with President Barack Obama a day earlier and stopped in on Capitol Hill to meet with congressional leaders as well.
Asked to square Pelosi’s comments with the photo of the meeting, a spokesman said that Pelosi had simply meant she never had a solo meeting with Kislyak.
“Of course, that’s what she meant,” said the spokesman, Drew Hammill. “She has never had a private one-on-one with him.”
Her lie prompted the president to tweet the picture and call for an investigation:
The Schumer investigation he referred to, was in this tweet:
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 3, 2017
It’s not the first time Democrats have been caught lying about meetings with the Russian ambassador. On Thursday, we reported that Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., was also caught lying after claiming she never met the ambassador.
- Dem. Sen. Claire McCaskill caught in lie about meeting Russian ambassador — Time for her to resign
- Limbaugh: Obama, Dems executing silent coup to overthrow Trump
- Up to 30 Democrats should resign for meeting with Russians in 2015
- McCarthyism: Pelosi, Warren demands Sessions resign for speaking to Russian ambassador
- Do liberals really want a second bloody civil war over Donald Trump?
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: