Paulding Man Shot by Police Criminal Record Shows Numerous Arrests
Brandon Lee Bohanan, who was shot and killed by Paulding County Police in Paulding County, Georgia criminal past shows that Bohanan was arrested 16 times with numerous charges ranging from forgery, traffic offenses to carrying a concealed weapon without a license.
His first arrest was back in 1999 when he was arrested for minor/possession/purchase and furnished alcohol presumably to a minor or charged if he was under age.
His latest arrest shows that Bohanan was charged for criminal trespass, simple battery, and theft by receiving stolen property in January of this year. He was charged again for battery on February 15, 2017 and was released from jail as time served on April 3, 2017.
His other 14 arrests and charges since 1999 include the following:
- Possession of marijuana of less than an ounce
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Criminal Damage to Property II
- Giving false name or information to law enforcement
- Fail to carry or show license
- Criminal Trespass
- Driving with revoked or suspended license
- Driving with revoked or suspended license a second time
- Tag light out, violation
- Seat belt/Child seat violation
- Obstruction of Law Enforcement
- Probable violation
- Possession, distribution, manufacturing substances/drug
- Theft by taking
- Probable violation a second time
- Criminal damage to property I
- Probable violation a third time
- Burglary a second time
Other charges are unknown as the charges state “NO LONGER USED”.
When Paulding County Sheriff Deputies showed up at the residence, family members let deputies in and told them Bohanan was in the basement and Paulding County Deputies said the man was barricaded in a room and when they gave him verbal commands, he did not comply.
While at the residence, they also confirmed that one of the residents at the home, Brandon Lee Bohanan (W/M, 35 YOA), had two different warrants for Probation Violation. Bohanan had a Probation Violation warrant (Original Charge: Criminal Trespass) out of Paulding County and a Probation Violation warrant (Original Charge: Theft by Deception and Forgery) out of Gwinnett County, the Sheriff’s office stated.
When Bohanan failed to comply according to the Sheriff’s office, Deputy David Martin, of the Sheriff’s Office Warrants Division, ultimately fired one round striking Bohanan and fatally wounding him. Deputies immediately rendered aid to Bohanan, but they were unable to save him. Bohanan’s body was later turned over to the Paulding County Coroner who took him to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) Crime Lab in Atlanta for an autopsy.
Past arrests at 288 Township Dr. Hiram, GA 30141 includes three other citizens other than Brandon Bohanan have been arrested and charged including Corey Blake Bohanan who was arrested a total of 24 arrests.
UPDATE: In a release Paulding County District Attorney Dick Donovan stated that he would impanel a special grand jury to hear evidence in the case of the deputy-involved shooting of an unarmed suspect, Brandon Lee Bohanan (WM, 35).
Help a USAF Veteran in need by clicking here.
- Sheriff’s Office Responds to Officer-Involved Shooting in Paulding County
- Pelosi: I hope bump stock ban ‘slippery slope’ to more gun control
- UNLV Professor Blames Las Vegas Shooting on President Trump [VIDEO]
- Man Raps About Dismembering People — Now He’s an Elected Democrat
- American Militias Rattling Sabers in Wake of Las Vegas Massacre
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.