“I’m not a hack, but I’m not quitting my day job,” he told the Golf Channel’s David Feherty.
“Actually you are quitting your day job fairly shortly,” Feherty said, reminding Obama that his term officially ends next January.
“Well then I may get good,” Obama lightheartedly quipped before adding, “I’m being forced out, I didn’t quit.”
Here’s video, posted to Twitter by Charlie Spiering:
Obama says he's being "forced out" of the presidency, not quitting -> pic.twitter.com/e57sNE4sda
— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) August 8, 2016
The Golf Channel provided a bit of cover for Obama, adding:
Obama does play regularly. According to CBS, Obama played his 300th round of golf as president Sunday while on vacation in Martha’s Vineyard. He’s still about 500 rounds short of President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s number of rounds while in office, and Obama is about 700 rounds short of Woodrow Wilson.
Obama also told Feherty his bunker shots are terrible.
“I think at this point it must be psychological,” Obama said of his poor sand game.
- Obama chooses between armed criminals, gun owners
- Rev. Peterson: ‘Obama is endangering the lives of police officers’
- The Obama Ten Commandments
- Liberals freak out over New York Times column calling Obama, ‘Barry’
- Video: Breitbart says Congress must censure Obama for Hiroshima speech