Well, finally, Barack Obama appears to have seen the light! Here he is at today’s National Prayer Breakfast in Washington. If you fast forward to 1:04 in the video, you will hear him utter these words:
The killing of the innocent is never God’s will. In fact, it is the ultimate betrayal of God’s will.
Except, as CNSNews notes, the president is talking about terrorism, not abortion. The portion of the remarks immediately preceding this excerpt provides the larger context:
take our poll - story continues below
Extremists succumb to an ignorant nihilism that shows they don’t understand the faiths they claim to profess, for killing the innocent is never fulfilling God’s will. In fact, it is the ultimate betrayal of God’s will.
When it comes to abortion, Obama’s concern for “the innocent” goes out with the proverbial bath water. CNS reminds the reader of a comment he made during his 2008 campaign for president, during which time he said:
I’ve got two daughters, 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby. [Emphasis added]
But his extreme stance on so-called reproductive rights predates that callous-sounding remark. Blogger Jill Stanek has a complete voting history for Illinois State Senator Barack Obama on the state’s controversial Born Alive Infant Protection Act, which extends legal protection to an infant born alive after a failed attempt at induced abortion. Obama voted against passage of the bill in various incarnations in 2001 and 2002. During a 2002 debate on the Senate floor, he argued that while babies might be aborted alive, it would be a “burden” to a mother’s “original decision” to assess and treat them. An audio of his remarks may be found here.
In essence, Obama was advocating infanticide.
- Freddoso: If only Kermit Gosnell had worn pink sneakers
- Gosnell guillotine more humane than being drawn and quartered at 23 weeks
- Guilty! Gosnell found guilty on 3 of 4 counts of first-degree murder
- Senate resolution to prevent ‘more Gosnells’ is blocked
- How many other Gosnells are out there?
- Hillary 2016 and the ‘war on women’ trope
- The Dems’ ongoing war on women
- Obama continues to spread wage gap lie despite ‘mountain of evidence’ to contrary
- Possibly the dumbest feminist column ever written
- It’s just a piece of paper, Little Sisters of the Poor. Why not sign it? Here’s why