On Thursday, news broke that the Obama regime is ordering schools nationwide to let students use whichever bathroom that corresponds to whatever gender they think they might be at that moment in time, essentially saying that schools must let boys use the girls restroom.
“There is no room in our schools for discrimination of any kind, including discrimination against transgender students on the basis of their sex,” Attorney General Loretta Lynch said.
Moreover, failure to keep boys out of the girls restroom could lead to schools losing federal funding.
The Associated Press reported:
Public schools must permit transgender students to use bathrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity, according to an Obama administration directive issued amid a court fight between the federal government and North Carolina.
The guidance from leaders at the departments of Education and Justice says public schools are obligated to treat their transgender students in a way that matches their gender identity, even if their education records or identity documents indicate a different sex.
School officials are reminded that abiding by non-discrimination provisions of the law are a condition of receiving federal funds.
— Mark Knoller (@markknoller) May 13, 2016
But Texas Governor Greg Abbott reminded Obama that he’s not a dictator and promised to fight the edict.
— Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) May 13, 2016
Remember when liberals used to say they wanted government out of our bedrooms? Who knew they were preparing to invade our bathrooms? What’s next?
Call it “fundamental transformation.”
- Loretta Lynch to NC: Let men use women’s restrooms or we’ll withhold funds for public safety, UNC
- UCLA students targeted with death threats, harassment for saying there are two genders
- Over half a million sign pledge to #BoycottTarget over bathroom policy
- Target stands by transgender bathroom policy despite massive boycott
- Obama warns: Gay rights supercede Constitutionally-guaranteed religious freedom