On Friday, Barack Obama showed up at the White House press briefing to tell America that he could’ve been Trayvon Martin 35 years ago.
Obama also said that he and Michelle sent their thoughts and prayers to the Martin family. But Obama said absolutely nothing about the thousands of death threats aimed at George Zimmerman, his family, attorney and the jurors in the case.
He also downplayed the violence that has taken place and refused to call for law and order.
“Some of that stuff is just going to have to work its way through, as long as it remains non-violent,” he said, apparently ignorant of the violence that has already taken place. Maybe he didn’t about in the paper.
Since the case made national news, Zimmerman has been the target of thousands of death threats, and they have only gotten worse since last Saturday’s acquittal. Some have even called for him to be beheaded.
Now, Martin supporters are targeting Zimmerman’s wife, attorney and the jurors in the case.
Obama had a golden opportunity, but blew it, instead choosing to stir up racial strife.
More here, including video of his full statement.
- Obama: ‘Trayvon Martin could have been me’ (Video)
- Judicial Watch: Zimmerman prosecution may have been forced by Obama DOJ
- UPenn professor: Zimmerman verdict shows God is an armed ‘white racist’ stalking young black men
- ‘Kill Zimmerman’ painted on Pennsylvania business before being torched
- Black Caucus to file flurry of bills in response to Zimmerman verdict
- Docs: Obama DOJ facilitated anti-Zimmerman protests with taxpayer money
- Obama Justice Dept. organized anti-Zimmerman protests in Florida?
- Russell Simmons: Zimmerman ‘Will ultimately be punished’ for Martin’s death
- Clothing line Illuminati calls for murder of George Zimmerman on Twitter
- Attorney: George Zimmerman ‘will never be safe’ if acquitted
- Twitter explodes with death threats against George Zimmerman, white people
- Roseanne Barr calls for arming teenagers, wishes Zimmerman was killed by Martin
- New Black Panther leader in racist rant: ‘I don’t follow American law’
- Petition demands probe of NBC and MSNBC for deceptive editing
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering.