While appearing at Coral Reef High School in Florida, Obama told children to “sit down, take a load off.” He later realized his blunder when he realized the children didn’t have any chairs to sit on.
“We’re making progress,” he said to cheers. “Yeah, you guys — by the way, you can all sit down, all right? I didn’t realize everybody was still standing up. Sit down, take a load off. You guys can’t sit down though, because you don’t have chairs. You guys stay straight — although bend your knees so you don’t faint.”
CNS News added:
On the campaign trail five years ago, then-Sen. Joe Biden famously urged a Missouri state official to “Stand up, Chuck” — before realizing that the man, a paraplegic, could not stand.
“I’m also told that Chuck Graham, state senator, is here,” Biden said. “Stand up Chuck, let them see you. Oh, God love ya. What am I talking about. I tell you what, you’re making everybody else stand up, though, pal…I tell you what, stand up for Chuck!”
Video can be seen below:
- Media silent as Obama tells fainting supporters to get help from ‘paralegals’
- President Obama makes royal gaffe during toast to Queen
- Associated Press admits inserting text to cover for Obama’s ‘gulf’ gaffe
- Obama calls British Chancellor George Osborne ‘Jeffrey,’ media largely silent
- Obama makes Falklands gaffe at summit: Calls Malvinas the Maldives
- President Obama signs Westminster Abbey guestbook using 2008 date
- The many gaffes of Barack Obama
- Obama mangles history of Rutherford B. Hayes and the telephone in attack on GOP