While appearing at Coral Reef High School in Florida, Obama told children to “sit down, take a load off.” He later realized his blunder when he realized the children didn’t have any chairs to sit on.
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today? (1)
“We’re making progress,” he said to cheers. “Yeah, you guys — by the way, you can all sit down, all right? I didn’t realize everybody was still standing up. Sit down, take a load off. You guys can’t sit down though, because you don’t have chairs. You guys stay straight — although bend your knees so you don’t faint.”
CNS News added:
On the campaign trail five years ago, then-Sen. Joe Biden famously urged a Missouri state official to “Stand up, Chuck” — before realizing that the man, a paraplegic, could not stand.
“I’m also told that Chuck Graham, state senator, is here,” Biden said. “Stand up Chuck, let them see you. Oh, God love ya. What am I talking about. I tell you what, you’re making everybody else stand up, though, pal…I tell you what, stand up for Chuck!”
Video can be seen below:
- Media silent as Obama tells fainting supporters to get help from ‘paralegals’
- President Obama makes royal gaffe during toast to Queen
- Associated Press admits inserting text to cover for Obama’s ‘gulf’ gaffe
- Obama calls British Chancellor George Osborne ‘Jeffrey,’ media largely silent
- Obama makes Falklands gaffe at summit: Calls Malvinas the Maldives
- President Obama signs Westminster Abbey guestbook using 2008 date
- The many gaffes of Barack Obama
- Obama mangles history of Rutherford B. Hayes and the telephone in attack on GOP