Yesterday, he was at it again. Business Insider observes he was at the University of Michigan to promote his plan to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10. The message should have been well received by students at this elite college, who — thanks to Obama’s artful handling of the economic mess he inherited — can look forward to flipping burgers when they graduate.
Obviously invigorated by the energy of the crowd, the President decided to “go young” in criticizing a budget plan unveiled on Tuesday by chair of the House Budget Committee Rep. Paul Ryan, glibly declaring:
[Video of Obama’s remarks here]
If they tried to sell this sandwich at Zingerman’s [a local deli] they’d have to call it the Stinkburger or the Meanwich.
Urban Dictionary defines stinkburger (lower case “s”) as:
1) A very horrible movie, with underdeveloped and unintelligent characters, and an equally unimpressive story.
2) A movie that is painful to watch.
Popularized by the television show Mystery Science Theater 3000, where many horrible movies were refered [sic] to as “stinkburgers”.
After Obama’s oh-so-presidential-sounding bon mot, he added buoyantly:
I say, why don’t you youngsters join for me one of those pizza pies you like so much?
OK, he didn’t say that, but probably because he had exhausted his inventory of “hip words” when he came up with the clever stinkburger reference.
But he instantly became the butt of a joke (again!) on Twitter. Here are just a few of the jibes.
It is understandable that the President found little to like about Ryan’s plan, which after all aims to balance the budget within a decade, principally by government spending (God forbid), overhauling Medicare, and calling for broad tax system. But couldn’t he have simply said (to Ryan), “I disagree with your plan”? Better still, couldn’t the two have sat down together to work out a mutually agreeable approach? If nothing, couldn’t Obama for once have tried acting like a President?
- Tweet of the Day: Obama celebrates the end of open enrollment … by signing baseballs?
- To sign up for Obamacare, dial 1-800-F**KYO: A bridge too far
- Questions Jay Leno should have asked Obama
- Study: Late-night comics beginning to laugh at Obama
- Barack Obama: “funniest person alive” (Photos)
- Remember when Obama was too cool to joke about?
- Congressional Black Caucus spokesperson: Calling Obama cool is racist (Update)
- Correction: Obama IS too cool to joke about
- Chris Matthews tired of being asked if he still feels ‘thrill up his leg’
- Obama’s latest gaffe: We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad
- Obama adviser tells CNN ‘People’ magazine as ‘important’ as WH press corps
- Obama WH controlling topics for local press avails