Obama and His EPA Suffers Major Setback..Could Have Stopped Oil Drilling
It’s a good thing this country has judges. They seem to be the only ones willing to take on and defeat the tyrannical edicts of Barack Obama.
We have just witnessed another case in a federal court in North Dakota. This was a major win for freedom and states rights. The EPA tried to take possession of nearly all the water in America, including mud puddles. Obama was trying to expand the definition of federal waterways, which has traditionally meant navigable bodies of water and land that has run off that enters those navigable waters.
This is not the first foray the EPA has tried to usurp state’s power to control water completely within their borders. When Lisa Jackson was heading the EPA, she fined a couple named Sackett, who had bought a parcel of land within a housing development.
When a hard rain would come, water would settle in one spot of the yard. The EPA declared it wetlands and began fining the couple $75,000 a day. The Supreme Court ruled for the Sacketts by a 9-0 vote. (One of 20 such 9-0 votes Obama has lost in the Supreme Court)[Editor’s note: You can learn more about what the EPA did to the Sacketts here.]
- ID Gov., couple victimized by EPA discuss government overreach at D.C. hearing
- ID Gov., couple victimized by EPA to appear at Senate hearing on property rights
- McMorris Rodgers rebukes EPA water grab
- Refiners fined millions by EPA for not using fuel that ‘does not exist’
- NJ judge says church illegally banned gay ceremony on its own property
- Home destroyed by tornado denied FEMA grant due to ‘insufficient damage’
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.