Liberals and lazy “journalists” have breathlessly reported that Chris Harper Mercer, the 26-year-old who killed several people at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon, for being Christian, is a “self-described ‘conservative Republican.'”
But it turns out that’s not true, as a post at Weasel Zippers clearly demonstrated.
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
The claim stems from a profile on an old dating site in which Mercer claimed his political views are “conservative, Republican,” as shown below:
Weasel Zippers noted:
As it turns out, his voting registration reveals he was not in fact a Conservative Republican, but an Independent. Oregon is also a closed primary state so registered Independents cannot vote in the primaries of other parties, so he was a true Independent, not one registered to be able to cross over elsewhere.
But truth doesn’t matter to the left. Alan Colmes tweeted:
Sorry, Alan, wrong again. Of course, the goal of leftists in the media isn’t to disseminate accurate information, it’s to foment hate and violence against Christians. As usual, it’s left up to the alternative media to set the Democrat-media complex straight.
H/T Weasel Zippers
- Video: Armed vet says he was prevented from stopping Umpqua shooter
- Tennessee Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey warns Christians: ‘Buy guns’
- Every Mass Shooting in the US Since the 1950s Except Two Occurred in Gun Free Zones
- Umpqua shooting seen as anti-Christian bigotry, Christians urged to buy guns
- Report: Oregon shooter identified as a ‘Nazi fanatic who supported the IRA’