The resolution reads:
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
WHEREAS, the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms is guaranteed as an Individual Right under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and under the Constitution of the State of New York, and;
WHEREAS, the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms for defense of Life, Liberty, and Property is regarded as an Inalienable Right by the People of The Town of Deerpark, Orange County, New York, and:
WHEREAS, the People of the Town of Deerpark, Orange County, New York, derive economic benefit from all safe forms of firearms recreation, hunting, and shooting conducted within Deerpark using all types of firearms allowable under the United States Constitution and the Constitution of the State of New York, and;
WHEREAS, the Deerpark Town Board, being elected to represent the People of Deerpark and being duly sworn by their Oath of Office to uphold the United States Constitution and the Constitution of the State of New York, and;
WHEREAS, the New York State Assembly and the New York State Senate, being elected by the People of the State of New York and being duly sworn by their Oath of Office to uphold the United States Constitution and the Constitution of the State of New York, and;
WHEREAS, legislation passed by the New York Assembly and Senate infringes on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and would ban the possession and use of firearms now employed by individual citizens of the Town of Deerpark, for defense of Life, Liberty and Property and would ban the possession and use of firearms now employed for safe forms of firearms recreation, hunting and shooting conducted within the Town of Deerpark, Orange County, New York;
WHEREAS, the Deerpark Town Board believes there are many other less intrusive means available, other than rash, confusing, and inarticulately drafted firearms laws that would effectively, control, manage, and reduce violence in our society, such as, mental health reforms, anti-bullying programs for schools, enforcement of existing firearms laws to the fullest extent possible, and proper psychological counseling for those in need or who request it;
NOW, THEREFORE, IT BE AND IS HEREBY RESOLVED that the Deerpark Town Board does hereby oppose the enactment of any legislation that would infringe upon the Right of the People to keep and bear arms and consider such laws to be unnecessary and beyond lawful legislative authority granted to our State representatives, as there is no documented correlation between gun control measures and crime reduction.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that a copy of this resolution be sent to President Barack Obama, Vice President Joseph Biden, Senator Charles Schumer, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney, Governor Andrew Cuomo, Senator John Bonacic and Assemblywoman Annie Rabbitt
“We definitely don’t believe it’s the right thing. We feel it violates the constitution,” Deerpark Town Supervisor Karl Brabenec said of the new law.
“We’ve gotten some responses from other municipalities that definitely want a copy of the resolution. So, we’re very happy to spread the word,” he added.
According to YNN.com, the vote to pass the resolution was unanimous. While it doesn’t change the law, it certainly sends a strong message that gun control is not as popular as some on the left might think.
The resolution is the first of its kind in the county, Christian Farrell said.
- Philadelphia fifth-grader searched, threatened, called a murderer over paper gun
- Communist Party USA backs Obama gun grab, calls Second Amendment obsolete
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein admits: Goal of gun ban is to ‘dry up’ supply of weapons (Video)
- Six-year-old suspended from school for making finger gun, saying ‘pow’
- Five-year-old named terrorist threat, suspended after threat to shoot bubbles
- Thousands gather across nation to celebrate ‘Gun Appreciation Day’
- Obama uses videos of children begging for gun control in campaign against NRA
- NRA president blames Obama, media for ‘hundreds’ of death threats
- NRA more popular than President Obama, media silent
- MSNBC’s Martin Bashir compares NRA to Hitler
- Liberal propaganda: Chris Matthews calls pro-gun conservatives segregationists
- Marco Rubio: Obama doesn’t have the guts to admit he’s anti-Second Amendment
- Obama declares war on NRA, CBS obeys, compares group to Nazis
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners
- Ben Shapiro: Piers Morgan a bully standing on the graves of Sandy Hook children
- Crybaby: Piers Morgan claims conservatives targeting him over gun control
- Petition demands FBI investigate Piers Morgan, CNN, for call to ‘pop’ Alex Jones