With the border crisis raging in the southern locales of our great nation, it seems as though The Big Apple is now getting its first real taste of the trouble that their fellow Americans have been working on for a while.
In Texas, Governor Greg Abbott has been busing migrants to places like New York City, in an effort to not only prove a political point about liberalism’s “out of sight, out of mind” ethos, but to also help share the responsibility that our nation has to those who arrive on her shores.
But, as, it turns out, Democratic policy makers in the Five Burroughs weren’t at all prepared for even a small sliver of the crisis.
New York City Mayor Eric Adams declared a state of emergency Friday in response to the continued arrival of illegal migrants from southern states.
More than 17,000 migrants have been bused to the city since the spring, a small fraction of the migrant encounters at the border over that timeframe. Fox News cameras at the Port Authority transportation terminal filmed eight buses arriving Friday, after nine arrived Thursday.
Adams said that one in five people in the city’s shelter system is a migrant, which is creating the “crisis.”
The mayor attempted to shame southern lawmakers, but whiffed the sentiment mightily.
“This is a humanitarian crisis that started with violence and instability in South America and is being accelerated by American political dynamics,” Adams said Friday. “Thousands of asylum seekers have been bused into New York City and simply dropped off, without notice, coordination, or care — and more are arriving every day.”
Perhaps this can serve as a wake-up call for left-leaning lawmakers around the country, who have long refused to accept the reality of the situation as it pertains to the border.
Cross-posted with Flag and Cross
- Americans Approve of Migrant Relocation to Liberal Locales, Poll Says
- Abbott Ships 64 Buses of Illegal Immigrants to Chicago, Lightfoot Ships Them to GOP-Leaning Suburbs
- Don’t Let Leftists Lie–Martha’s Vineyard Illegals are Only 0.000025% of the REAL Border Crisis
- Martha’s Vineyard ‘Crisis’? 15,000 Flooded Texas Town In Single Day (Video)
- Martha’s Vineyard Ultra-Rich Meltdown: Let the Military Handle Them. Or a GoFundMe.
- Migrants Flown to Martha’s Vineyard, Vacation Spot for Liberal Elitists
- What? Karine Jean-Pierre Partly Blames ‘Texas Gov. Ted Cruz’ For Border Mess (Video)
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, SocialCross, Speak Your Mind Here, and Gab. You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.