National Security Threat: Grand Forks City Council Blocks Chinese-Owned Corn Mill Near Air Base (Video)
(Natural News) Authorities in a city in North Dakota blocked a Chinese food company’s plan to open a corn mill near an air force base.
In a 5-0 vote, the Grand Forks City Council (GFCC) rejected on Feb. 6 the Fufeng Group’s proposal to open a corn mill within the vicinity of the Grand Forks Air Force Base (AFB). Fufeng, which is based in China’s eastern Shandong Province, purchased 370 acres of land in Grand Forks for $2.6 million in 2022. However, the property is located 12 miles from the base – which houses a space networking center described as “the backbone of all U.S. military communications across the globe.”
The project had previously received the backing of local leadership, with it being cited as a potential boon to the local economy. Many residents expressed frustration when some council members, city employees and even Grand Forks Mayor Brandon Bochenski supported Fufeng’s proposal.
One citizen identified as Mr. Coachman suggested that the only motivation to do so was “treason,” asking how come would an individual or a company be involved with somebody that is aggressive to the United States. He remarked: “Especially if they’re an adversary against us? The only conclusion I come up with is money, blackmail prestige, power, sedition, treason. I’m not understanding, why would you advocate for it?”
The decision to halt the project followed a Jan. 27 letter penned by Air Force Assistant Secretary Andrew Hunter to Sen. John Hoeven (R-ND), which described Fufeng’s plan as a national security concern. This raised suspicions from military officers, national security experts and lawmakers, who felt the property could give China unprecedented access to the goings-on at the military base. Given that the military does not have the jurisdiction to stop the corn mill, Hoeven and his Republican colleague Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-ND) publicized the letter a week before the GFCC met to tackle the project.
US intel: Chinese military is surveilling America via the spy balloon
This impending opening of the farm and corn mill also prompted worries after an alleged spy balloon was shot down over U.S. airspace last weekend. The operation is part of an extensive surveillance program run by the Chinese military, according to multiple American officials familiar with the intelligence.
Officials told CNN that the surveillance program, which includes a number of similar balloons, is in part run out of the small Chinese province of Hainan. However, sources told the news outlet that the program has conducted at least two dozen missions over at least five continents in recent years, with roughly half a dozen of those flights happening within the U.S. airspace. (Related: Communist China admits to flying spy balloon over military sites.)
Concerned citizens condemned President Joe Biden and the Department of Defense (DoD) for initially not stopping the Chinese “spy balloon operations,” which took place from Jan. 28 to Feb. 4. Pentagon did not shoot it down because of the “risk of debris.” DoD eventually did so on Saturday afternoon, Feb. 4. The retrieved balloon debris was about 200 ft. tall, with the payload portion comparable in size to regional airliners and weighing hundreds or potentially thousands of pounds, according to officials.
According to Fox News, China confirmed last week that the balloon craft floating over northern America is Chinese and it is a civilian airship used for research, mainly meteorological, purposes. A Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson said: “Affected by the Westerlies and with limited self-steering capability, the airship deviated far from its planned course.”
Visit NationalSecurity.news for more information on current threats to America’s security.
Watch Fox News host Tucker Carlson blast President Joe Biden for claiming China’s spy balloon “posed no threat” to national security.
This video is from GalacticStorm channel on Brighteon.com.
More related stories:
- Techno-authoritarianism is here to stay: China and the Deep State have joined forces.
- Former British national security adviser says Putin’s aggression and rise of China are putting the world in chaos.
- Navy: Releasing more classified UFO/UAP videos will harm national security.
- Director of National Intelligence calls China “National Security Threat No. 1.”
- Lights Back On at Bagram Air Base as Chinese Planes Reportedly Land. China Denies.
- China to Ban USA from The Moon? NASA’s Latest Fears Revealed
- War Planners ‘Ecstatic’: Biden ‘Opens Door’ For China To Sabotage U.S.
- Deposition: Fauci Admits China Convinced Him To Push Lockdowns
- Chinese Company Buys US Land for Monkey-Breeding
- Why is Communist China Allowed to Set Up a CCP Police Outpost in America?
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, SocialCross, Speak Your Mind Here, and Gab. You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: