MTG Calls For Investigation Into Civil Rights Abuses Experienced By Jan 6 Defendants (Video)
(Natural News) In a Tuesday House Oversight Committee meeting Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene urged the committee to investigate civil rights abuses experienced by Trump supporters who were arrested in the January 6, 2021 Capitol riot, as well as review the shooting of Ashli Babbitt.
(Article by Hannah Nightingale republished from ThePostMillennial.com)
“There’s a woman in this room whose daughter was murdered on January 6, Ashli Babbitt, and … there’s never been a trial. As a matter of fact, no one has cared about the person that shot and killed her, and no one in this Congress has really addressed that issue, January 6 committee didn’t address it,” Greene said.
“And I believe that there are many people that came into the Capitol on January 6 whose civil rights and liberties are being violated heavily.”
Greene said that Oversight Committee should “look into those civil rights abuses, because they’re happening in a jail right here in this city.”
“I’ve been in that jail, and it’s not just the January 6 defendants, pretrial by the way, it’s many of the inmates in there, living in horrific conditions,” she said.
Greene concluded by saying that “we have to make sure that we crack down on the two-tier justice system, because that needs to end.”
Greene made the comments in response to Rep. Jasmine Crockett, who proposed adding a civil rights and civil liberties subcommittee. That subcommittee was ultimately voted down.
“When over 100 people every year are losing their lives in routine traffic stops, when over a dozen large police departments are operating under consent decrees for violations of their citizens’ civil liberties and when the attention of a nation is focused on the issue of civil rights, it is our duty to rise to the occasion and conduct oversight and provide accountability on this crucial subject,” Crockett said, noting that the subcommittee amendment should be passed “in light of the tragedy of this past weekend.”
In response to Crockett, Greene said, “Ms Crockett, I do agree with you about Tyre Nichols’ death. I watched the video and it was tragic and extremely difficult to watch.”
“I would also point out that that city is Democrat-controlled and the five officers that have been arrested and charged are black. And I think that this isn’t an issue of racism or anything like that. I think the judge and the jury and the trial needs to work out what happened here.”
Read more at: ThePostMillennial.com
- Jan 6 Political Prisoner Punished With “Diesel Therapy”; Public Defender MISSING IN ACTION
- Report: Leftists Opening Door For Jan. 6 Political Prisoners To Sue Feds
- Outrageous: Here’s What MTG Saw When She Visited The Jan 6 Political Prisoners (VIDEO)
- Biden’s Amerika: Jan. 6 Detainees TORTURED, Deliberately Starved, Forced To Live In Raw Sewage As MOLD Grows On Cell Walls — Report
- ‘Horror Story’: Navy Vet, Never Set Foot in Capitol on Jan. 6, But Held in Solitary!
- OUTRAGEOUS! DOJ Denies Jan. 6 Prisoner Chris Worrell Cancer Treatment For 166 DAYS! (Video)
- Jan. 6 Political Prisoners: Freedom Of Speech And Thought Under Assault
- Attorney: DOJ Abusing Jan. 6 Defendants; Prisoners Beaten, Stripped, Tortured By Guards (Video)
- Videos: Protesters Speak Out Against DOJ-Sanctioned Abuse And Torture Of Jan. 6 Detainees
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, SocialCross, Speak Your Mind Here, and Gab. You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: