MSNBC propagandist Chris Matthews has a strange definition of “patriot.” According to Matthews, who spends all of his time groveling at Obama’s feet and demonizing anyone to the right of Soviet dictator Josef Stalin, Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, is unpatriotic because he dared to call Obamacare a “bill” and doesn’t worship Barack Obama.
The Washington Free Beacon reported that Matthews didn’t like Hatch’s reference to Obamacare as a “bill” — something he sees as an intentional slight meant to “disrespect” the law and President Obama.
The Free Beacon added:
Matthews openly wondered how Hatch or any other Republican could consider themselves a “patriot” when they disrespect the president by opposing his policies.
According to Matthews, the patriot “is the person who accepts the law. The patriot is the one who believes in compromise, who believes in government.”
Really? Then I suppose all the liberals who hated Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell (which used to be the law) aren’t patriotic, according to Matthews’ definition. Ditto that for the sequester, the Defense of Marriage Act, the Second Amendment, immigration laws and all the other laws they want overturned.
And if a “patriot” is one who respects the president, then I suppose Matthews and all the other unhinged leftists who mercilessly attacked George W. Bush for eight years weren’t patriots — that is, if one applies Matthews’ definition.
But remember, back then, dissent was patriotic. Now that Obama is president, dissent is treason.
Video of Matthews’ statement can be seen below:
Keep in mind, this is just the latest effort by Matthews to foment hate and violence against conservatives, and it’s the reason MSNBC is the official network of insane liberal hate.
Warning: Be careful when watching MSNBC. Prolonged exposure could turn you into an unhinged maniac as it did to one man in Florida…
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Opposition to Obama due to South losing Civil War (Video)
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Is MSNBC good for America?
- MSNBC still network of insane liberal hate
- Man sentenced for threatening member of Congress, claims he watched too much MSNBC
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow ‘forced’ home inspections by gov’t agents
- Democratic strategist warns: Mainstream media ‘enemy of the American people’
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Bill Press: ‘Million Vet’ marchers ‘idiots’ who should’ve hung Cruz in effigy (Video)
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- Spite: White House reinstalls barricades at World War II Memorial
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.
You can also hear Joe every Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. Pacific Time on Misguided Children radio.