In case you missed it, First Lady Michelle Obama was a guest on the “Tonight Show” with new host Jimmy Fallon. Not one to stray far from her soapbox, Mrs. Obama brought along a supply of kale chips to snack on as an alternative to potato chips. “The best part,” she stated between bites, “is they are high in Omega-3 fatty acids.” That is true. Unfortunately, it is equally true that the chips are also high in fat. Even when baked using “healthy ingredients,” 60% of the snack’s calories coming from fat.
But her “Let’s Move!” campaign was not the only thing she was selling. She also extolled the virtues of Obamacare, especially for young people. In the video clip that follows, she tells Fallon:
[T]hanks to the Affordable Care Act, young people can stay on their parents’ insurance until they are 26. But once they hit 26 — they’re on their own. And a lot young people think they’re invincible. But the truth is, young people are knuckleheads. They’re the ones who are cookin’ for the first time and slice their finger open, they’re dancin’ on the bar stool.
Apparently, they’re not so knuckleheaded as to fall for a scam to sell them health insurance they don’t want or need. So far, less than a quarter of Obamacare enrollees are Millennials — a percentage that is far below what the government needs in order to avoid the dreaded death spiral.
At least the first lady didn’t make a complete fool of herself by urging people to drink more water.
- Experts say hard evidence doesn’t support Michelle Obama’s new push to drink more water
- Michelle Obama has to reschedule ‘Let’s Move’ conference call originally planned for 9/11
- White House kid indoctrination video contains dangerous nutritional advice
- Michelle Obama again takes undeserved credit for change in U.S. eating habits
- Students in KY tell First Lady her school lunch food ‘tastes like vomit’
- Michelle Obama’s latest: Use hip-hop to fight obesity
- Study: Criticizing fat people for being overweight just makes them fatter
- Schools now rely on junk food sales to make ends meet
- IN schools lose $300K forcing kids to eat Michelle O’s school lunch
- First Lady salutes textbook publishers for ‘new’ (actually decades-old) ‘no junk food’ policy
- David Sirota’s latest beef: Eating meat causes climate change
- A major setback for Michelle Obama’s war on salt