During an interview with CBS News, Charlie Rose asked if she had received death threats over her spat with Donald Trump, who has made it clear that he hates her guts.
She didn’t specifically say yes, but the look she gave Rose was quite telling.
There’s more, however.
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?
“It’s not like I’m worried someone’s actually going to come shoot me down,” she said. “But I do worry someone’s going to try to hurt me in the presence of my children.”
And it seems she has good reason to be concerned. Here’s just a tiny sample of the hatred that has been thrown her way:
According to Kelly, the problem is the hate Trump generates among his die-hard followers.
“It’s not so much what he writes or says; it’s how he gins up anger among so many,” she said. “So it manifests in my life in several ways.”
And anyone in the media who does not bow down to Trump or kiss his ring, so to speak, is castigated as a “whore” or worse — especially if they happen to be female.
Here’s her interview with Rose. Her response to the question about threats can be seen at the 6:47 mark:
Her husband, Doug Brunt, also spoke out and said that while Trump hasn’t gotten a rise out of her with his insults and taunts, the GOP front-runner has gotten a rise out of him.
“It is frustrating,” he said. “I think one of the thing’s that’s been most frustrating for Donald is that he has not been able to get a rise out of her even though he repeatedly tries to do so. For me, he gets a rise out of me, for sure.”
- Report: Michelle Fields forced to flee apartment after threats from Trump supporters
- Trump jokes: ‘I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters’
- Report of threats against Michelle Fields sparks avalanche of hate
- Petition demands Donald Trump be arrested, prosecuted for ‘inciting violence’
- Breitbart.com under fire after ‘despicable’ article mocking Ben Shapiro