John “McRINO” McCain, the alleged Republican Senator from Arizona (or “Hanoi John,” as my friend Josh Bernstein calls him), took another step in becoming a full-fledged Democrat by praising Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., saying his word is good.
“His word is good, and he reminds me, in a way, of the work that I used to do with Ted Kennedy,” he said, according to a post at Yahoo! News.
For those not familiar with McRINO’s work with Kennedy, a quick Google search reveals the two worked more than once to enact amnesty.
In fact, here’s McRINO talking about his bill back in 2007, if you can stand it:
As usual, he slammed Republicans while giving high praise to his buds in the Democratic Party.
Yahoo! News adds:
“If we fail on immigration reform, it won’t matter who our nominee is because of the polarization of the Hispanic vote,” McCain, R-Ariz., tells “The Fine Print.” “Now that’s not why I’m for immigration reform but it certainly is one of the consequences of a failure.” […]
As for Republican newcomers, such as Sens. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Rand Paul, R-Ky., who have been bucking establishment Republican positions on immigration and other issues, McCain advises that they read up on their history.
“The people who are pushing this Obamacare vs. government shutdown, none of them that I know were here the last time we saw that movie,” he says.
While freshman senators do bring a positive “infusion” of new ideas, he says, it’s also important to maintain the Senate’s “corporate memory.”
Asked about their 2016 presidential aspirations, McCain isn’t very charitable, calling them only “viable.”
On the topic of his partnership with Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York, a key Democratic leader, McCain laughed off the criticism voiced by some Republicans, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
Remember, this is the guy who called Hillary Clinton a “rock star.”
‘Nuff said. The GOP needs to dump this guy. Now.
- John McCain rips Tea Party, Fox News, calls Hillary Clinton a ‘rock star’
- McRINO: Amnesty more important than 20,000 border patrol agents
- McCain ‘impressed’ with Obama’s divisive ‘coulda been me’ speech on racism
- Lindsey Graham: Let’s limit freedom of speech in light of Koran burning
- MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell: McRINO a hero, conservatives wanting border security shameful
- GOP Rep. Raul Labrador: Immigration reform could mean end of Republican Party
- John McCain: House GOP needs to pass Senate amnesty bill to save party
- Barf alert: Schumer, McCain hold lovefest after voting to destroy America
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Democrats ‘believe in illegal immigration’
- Website starts recall against Sens. Jeff Flake, John McCain over immigration
- Conservatives warn: ‘Gang of Eight’ immigration bill will destroy America
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.