Forget all the talk of Terry McAuliffe cruising to an easy victory in Virginia. It seems Democrats in that state are so nervous they’ve taken to issuing robocalls falsely claiming Ken Cuccinelli supports Obamacare and taxpayer-funded abortion. This despite the fact that Cuccinelli was the first to file a lawsuit against the massive law.
According to a post at the Washington Free Beacon, the recording claims to be paid for by the Democratic Party of Virginia.
Scott Lingamfelter, a Republican member of the House of Delegates, wrote on Facebook:
About 25 minutes ago (7:24 PM 3 November) the Democratic Party of Virginia dropped a robo-call (that they said they paid for in the recording) at MY house to try to tell ME that Ken Cuccinelli supports Obamacare and public financing of abortion!!!
Virginia, pa-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzz understand that the party that wants Terry McAuliffe to be your governor will flat lie about anything! If you want proof that they will say ANYTHING to gain power over you and your life, you need go no further than the “robo-lies” they are sending around Virginia this Sunday evening. They are shameless in their tactics. (I guess they are trying to suppress GOP voters.)
Virginia GOP chairman Pat Mullins told the Free Beacon Democrats are attempting to reduce Republican turnout.
“The Democrats are actively trying to keep Republicans from turning out,” Mullins said.
“The Democrats have shown they’ll do anything to win. This is just one more example,” Mullins added. “It’s a despicable attempt at voter suppression. It’s shameless, it’s dishonest, and it’s utterly unsurprising.”
Democrats have also engaged in activities that have turned off some voters, like sending mailers designed to “guilt” people to the polls.
The Free Beacon said:
One of those mailers, sent by the DPVA, included a “chart that shows your household’s public voting record in past elections.” The party said it would “mail you an updated chart after the election that will show whether or not you voted.”
Trending: BREAKING: ARTURO D’ELIA CAUGHT: Head Of Italian Aerospace Company’s IT Department Used ‘Military Grade Cyber Warfare’ To Switch Votes ‘For Trump To Biden’ -ADMISSION VIA SWORN AFFIDAVIT! HOW DID HE DO IT? WHO WERE HIS HANDLERS? VIDEO EVIDENCE!
The mailer’s wording closely resembles a sample letter used in a study by Yale University political scientists Alan Gerber and Donald Green on the use of social pressure by political campaigns to get out the vote.
Mailers like these, they say, can increase voter turnout by five percent.
But if McAuliffe is so certain of victory, why the false claims when everyone knows Cuccinelli strongly opposes Obamacare and opposes abortion? Why does McAuliffe feel the need to lie to voters?
If McAuliffe will lie to the voters today, just imagine what he would do to Virginia once elected.
- Dems at McAuliffe rally: Cuccinelli, Tea Party un-American extremists
- Racist? Va. Dem. Lt. Gov. nominee refuses to shake hands with black GOP opponent
- Online protest asks Americans to tweet cancellation notices to White House
- Dem. Rep. Steve Cohen on Obamacare flaws: ‘Change is hard. Get over it’
- Disturbing: Fox’s Jim Angle says Obamacare operator knew he was in the media
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow ‘forced’ home inspections by gov’t agents
- Sebelius denies Obama broke promise that Americans can keep current insurance
- Top Democrat admits: ‘We knew’ Americans would lose their health care under Obamacare
- WH website still promising you can keep your health insurance
- Dem Rep. John Lewis: Opposition to Obamacare is racism
- Obama admin knew of policy cancellations for years, claims ACA not responsible
- Video shows 19 times Obama lied about reducing insurance premiums by $2500 per year
- Michele Bachmann: Obamacare ‘crown jewel of socialism’
- John Conyers: Obamacare “platform” to socialized health care
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Boeing to cut back on health care thanks to Obamacare