While ranting about how much she hates Donald Trump at the Essence convention on Saturday, Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., claimed that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is a racist who “really did like the KKK until he learned that they smoked pot.”
The American Mirror added:
“Ladies and gentlemen, I have taken off the gloves,” Waters shouted to the audience.
“I am not going to tolerate a president who showed us who he is in the campaigns. I never thought he would be elected. Unfortunately, he’s elected.
“And so, when it was time for the inauguration and they expected us all to go, I said, ‘I am not about to go to any inauguration.’
“Inaugurations are about honoring the new president. Bringing them in. Respecting him,” Waters said.
“I don’t honor him. I don’t respect him. And I’m not going to tolerate him. I am going to do everything that I can do to get him impeached!” she shouted.
After this, she turned her attention to Trump’s cabinet.
“He has hired in his Cabinet the most unqualified, the most inexperienced, the most non-caring billionaires and millionaires who don’t give a damn about any of us!” she screamed before claiming that Sessions “really did like the KKK until he learned that they smoked pot.”
Essence posted a portion of her speech, declaring that this is why they love her:
Essence did not include Waters’ claims against Sessions, but the American Mirror has a video of it here.
Of course, it’s not the first time Waters has gone off the deep end, and chances are it won’t be the last. Recently, as we noted here and here, she suggested exiling the president. Naturally, this prompted some of her followers to call for his execution.
In March, we reached out to her office and asked:
- As you may know, there have been numerous reports of threats and actual violence directed at the president’s supporters (including children). Does the Congresswoman condemn those actions?
- There have been numerous threats directed at the president himself, some of which include threats and calls to assassinate him. Does the Congresswoman condemn those as well?
- Is the Congresswoman at all concerned that her rhetoric might encourage more of the type of attacks and threats we’ve seen since November, and will she publicly call for an end to those attacks/threats?
Waters refused to answer our inquiry, but we have our answer. Since Waters did not scold those who called for Trump’s death, it’s obvious she does not condemn threats to kill the president and she’s clearly not concerned that her rhetoric encourages violent attacks and threats.
Coca Cola, one of the pressing sponsors of the Essence event, said of the festival:
“The ESSENCE Festival has grown from a celebration of music to an empowering weekend filled with entertainment, activities and inspiration,” says Lori Billingsley, vice president of community connections, Coca-Cola North America. “It is the premier gathering for African-American women, who come from all over the country and the world to have a good time while refreshing their mind, body and spirit.”
The ESSENCE Festival was birthed from the desire to celebrate the magazine’s 25th anniversary. The next year, Coca-Cola became the presenting sponsor of the event, and the collaboration has culminated over the years as the festival continues to grow in both prominence and mission.
Joining Waters at the event was Halle Berry, speakers Ava DuVernay, Iyanla Vanzant and Rev. Al Sharpton, as well as performers Diana Ross, John Legend, Mary J. Blige, Chaka Khan, Chance the Rapper, Solange and others.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Conjoined Bullies
- ‘Impeachment isn’t enough’: Maxine Waters suggests exiling Trump, inspires calls to kill president
- Maxine Waters Thinks 700 Billion People Lose Insurance Under GOP Bill. Only one problem…
- Exclusive: Maxine Waters silent on threats to murder president, violence against Trump supporters
- Maxine Waters for House Minority Leader? James Woods loves the idea
- Maxine Waters bans Trump supporters from town hall event, issues yellow wrist bands to non-constituents
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: