Maureen Dowd — a New York Times columnist I rarely ever agree with — shredded Barack Obama in a column she titled “The Golf Address.” And it’s an instant classic in my humble opinion…
Will Donald Trump win the 2024 election?
FORE! Score? And seven trillion rounds ago, our forecaddies brought forth on this continent a new playground, conceived by Robert Trent Jones, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal when it comes to spending as much time on the links as possible — even when it seems totally inappropriate, like moments after making a solemn statement condemning the grisly murder of a 40-year-old American journalist beheaded by ISIL.
I know reporters didn’t get a chance to ask questions, but I had to bounce. I had a 1 p.m. tee time at Vineyard Golf Club with Alonzo Mourning and a part-owner of the Boston Celtics. Hillary and I agreed when we partied with Vernon Jordan up here, hanging out with celebrities and rich folks is fun.
Now we are engaged in a great civil divide in Ferguson, which does not even have a golf course, and that’s why I had a “logistical” issue with going there. We are testing whether that community, or any community so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure when the nation’s leader wants nothing more than to sink a birdie putt.
And there’s more. Much more. And yes, you really need to go read this.
Exit question: How long before liberals attack Dowd with their trademark hate?
- Obamabot ends up in hospital after life-size statue of Obama stolen
- Report says ISIS beheaded American journalist, posted video to YouTube
- Obama retreats to golf course after statement on ISIS, Foley beheading
- Report: ISIS terrorists split woman in two with cars, bury Yazidis alive
- Report: ISIS terrorists bury women and children alive in mass graves
- Report: ISIS militants ‘systematically beheading’ Christian children in Mosul
- Obama golfs instead of attending funeral for Maj. General Harold Greene
- Jihad in America? ‘ISIS here’ sign spotted in report on Ferguson protest