On Sunday, the Associated Press reported that 20-year-old Sean Morkys was arrested after reportedly tweeting out a threat to bomb a Donald Trump rally.
“Is someone going to bomb the trump rally or am I going to have to?” he said on Twitter.
That message was followed by another was followed warning a friend to make sure family members leave the rally so they wouldn’t get hurt.
Connecticut State police said the Secret Service contacted them about Morkys’ threatening tweets.
The AP added:
The Republican presidential hopeful appeared in Bridgeport, Connecticut, yesterday.
Authorities tracked the tweets to a Waterbury home, where they found Morkys. After determining he didn’t pose an immediate threat, he was taken into custody and released on $25,000 bond.
No one answered a phone number for the Waterbury home. Morkys didn’t immediately respond to a separate request for comment.
It’s almost enough to make one think liberals really do want a second civil war…
- Secret Service warns: ‘Watch what you say on social media!’ – Video
- Note to leftists: If you issue tweets about killing Donald Trump, the Secret Service will find you
- TV host ‘fantasizes’ about killing Donald Trump with Antonin Scalia’s pillow
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Twitter graphic advocates murdering Donald Trump, account suspended