On Friday, Fox News reported that 50 percent of voters now favor Donald Trump’s proposed moratorium on Muslim immigration, while 46 percent are opposed.
Even more interesting is that support for the proposal increases by five points when Trump’s name is taken off the question. Opposition to the idea also drops by six points.
Fox News reported:
There are stunning shifts in the responses among Democrats: 45 percent favor banning Muslims if Trump’s name is not mentioned, yet when the plan is identified as Trump’s, support drops to 25 percent.
Among Republicans, views hold steady: 71 percent favor it when attributed to Trump vs. 72 percent for the generic proposal.
Fox also showed the results from their sample:
Version 1: Do you favor or oppose temporarily banning Muslims who are not U.S. citizens from entering the United States until government officials can say with confidence they can identify those who are coming here to cause the country harm?
Version 2: Do you favor or oppose Donald Trump’s proposal to temporarily ban Muslims who are not U.S. citizens from entering the United States until government officials can say with confidence they can identify those who are coming here to cause the country harm?
It will be interesting to see how this is played by the mainstream media.
Perhaps they’ll tell us that half or more of all voters are bigots…
- Swedish Christians threatened with beheading: ‘Convert to Islam or die’
- Video: Canadian children welcome ‘refugees’ with song celebrating submission of Christians to Islam
- Minnesota public school under fire after children sing ‘Allahu akbar’ in ‘holiday’ concert
- Rush Limbaugh explains why he said Barack Obama is dangerous to America
- State Dept. spokeswoman refuses to label beheadings by ISIS acts of war