A couple weeks ago the Swedish-based clothing retailer H&M found itself in hot water after selling hoodies emblazoned with the words “Coolest Monkey in The Jungle” — and having a black child model the garment to boot.
Now it’s Amazon that’s in the hot seat, after having decided inexplicably to market clothing, again targeted at children, with the slogan “Slavery Gets Sh*t Done.”
— Salem Saients (@saients) January 19, 2018
Reuters said the product line was listed by third-party sellers, not Amazon directly. The online retailer told the news agency:
All Marketplace sellers must follow our selling guidelines and those who don’t will be subject to action including potential removal of their account. The products in question are no longer available.
It would be easier to accept Amazon’s explanation if the company didn’t boast a history of being so self-righteously PC. Last September, Amazon deleted negative reviews of Hillary Clinton’s book from its website. A month earlier, it produced a dramatic series titled “Black America” that depicted an alternate history in which newly freed slaves took control of key Southern states as reparations and shaped their own destiny.
With all its social awareness, why would Amazon suddenly fail to notice when vendors place products on its site that are conspicuously racist? One is almost tempted to believe this is deliberate: It’s as if Amazon and H&M are allowing this bigotry to go public under their noses as a way of saying, “Look how out of control racism is in America under Donald Trump.” I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that these are false flag operations.
- Slavery reparations group demands money, ignores black-on-black complicity
- Students at Western Kentucky Univ. want free tuition for black students as reparations for slavery
- ‘Reparations’ website asks white people to pay black people’s rent — and more — to relieve guilt
- Videos: Portland ‘Whiteness’ event calls for $20 trillion in reparations from white people, slams capitalism
- Flashback: Blacks call for slavery, death to white people, including babies — Video