As my Conservative Firing Line colleague Howard Portnoy related earlier today, Lois Lerner, the former IRS official in charge of the department that targeted Tea Party and other conservative groups, plead the Fifth Amendment — again — when she appeared to testify before Congress.
One of the exhibits in that hearing was a damning email tweeted by Fox News’ Greta van Susteren:
IRS hearing exhibit – Lerner email pic.twitter.com/gtIUABVAFV
— Greta Van Susteren (@greta) March 5, 2014
You read that right — according to Lerner, the “Tea Party Matter” was considered dangerous.
Seems some did not appreciate what Lerner wrote:
@gretawire I wonder is she appreciates the irony in asserting her 5th amm rights while denying others their first amm right.
— Not Sure (@mr233) March 5, 2014
— Van. (@southlou2) March 5, 2014
Meanwhile, we’re supposed to believe there’s not a “smidgeon of corruption” here.
not a smidgen of corruption @gretawire she's covering for IRS and the Dem politicians who asked for Tea Party scrutiny
— ComfyPaws™ (@ComfyPaws) March 5, 2014
- IRS’s Lois Lerner takes Fifth Amendment — again!
- Flashback: Chuck Schumer, Al Franken sign letter demanding IRS target Tea Party groups in 2012
- Pattern of abuse? Lois Lerner’s FEC grilled Oliver North about prayer
- IRS official: ‘I have not done anything wrong,’ invokes Fifth Amendment
- IRS targets Christian groups, demands content of prayers
- Armed Homeland Security agents monitor Tea Party at IRS protests
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
- Jay Carney to Piers Morgan: Scandals involving IRS, Benghazi, AP ‘don’t exist’
- Limbaugh: Obama administration operating like ‘banana republic-type government’