Newly-elected Democrat Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her chief of staff, Saikat Chakrabarti, could possibly face jail time if their control over a far-left political action committee was deliberately hidden, the Daily Caller reported on Monday.
According to the bombshell report:
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and a top aide appear to control an outside PAC credited with being the central force behind her June 2018 primary victory.
- One former Federal Election Commission member thinks there would be a “serious investigation” if a complaint were filed, noting that the probe could potentially result in civil penalties or even jail time for Ocasio-Cortez and her chief of staff.
- A second former commissioner said there were possibly “multiple violations of federal campaign finance law.”
- Justice Democrats ran campaigns for Ocasio-Cortez and 11 other Democrats, but the New York Democrat was the only one to win her general election.
Investigative reporter Andrew Kerr added:
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her chief of staff Saikat Chakrabarti obtained majority control of Justice Democrats PAC in December 2017, according to archived copies of the group’s website, and the two appear to retain their control of the group, according to corporate filings obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation. If the Federal Election Commission (FEC) finds that the New York Democrat’s campaign operated in affiliation with the PAC, which had raised more than $1.8 million before her June 2018 primary, it would open them up to “massive reporting violations, probably at least some illegal contribution violations exceeding the lawful limits,” former FEC commissioner Brad Smith said.
Ocasio-Cortez never disclosed to the FEC that she and Chakrabarti, who served as her campaign chair, controlled the PAC while it was simultaneously supporting her primary campaign, and former FEC commissioners say the arrangement could lead to multiple campaign finance violations. The group backed 12 Democrats during the 2018 midterms, but Ocasio-Cortez was the only one of those to win her general election.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: The Squad
“If the facts as alleged are true, and a candidate had control over a PAC that was working to get that candidate elected, then that candidate is potentially in very big trouble and may have engaged in multiple violations of federal campaign finance law, including receiving excessive contributions,” said former GOP FEC commissioner Hans von Spakovsky.
Former FEC commissioner Brad Smith also said that if “a complaint were filed, I would think it would trigger a serious investigation.” He wasn’t finished, however, and said that such a probe could potentially result in jail time for Ocasio-Cortez and her chief of staff, Kerr said in his report.
There’s quite a bit more in Kerr’s report, which can be seen here, and deserves to be read.
Exit question: Will AOC face the music for this?
- Money Laundering, Campaign Finance Violations and More…for Democrats
- ‘Pompous twit’ AOC lashes out at New York Post after being exposed as eco-hypocrite
- Greenpeace co-founder: AOC a ‘pompous little twit’ who ‘would bring about mass death’ with Green New Deal
- Fascist ‘boss’ AOC goes bananas over photo of Chief of Staff eating a planet-destroying hamburger
- Fascist AOC on Green New Deal: ‘We’re in charge’ — James Woods responds: ‘YOU work for US’
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Please be sure to check out our MeWe page here and check us out at ProAmerica Only here.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views:Are you tired of insane leftists like Democrat Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez? Want to help spread the word about her radical agenda? If so, then go here and get this t-shirt: